Mathews replacement parts

After a long wait I finally got my V3 31 two weeks ago, over last two weeks between work and free time been shooting in the strings. IF it wasn't for bad luck I tell ya I wouldn't have any. Today when doing some before night shift shots ( taking bow to local shop for timing and look over after break in tomo) As I was anchoring in and getting ready to pull through my shot, the thumb stud on my release failed, cause the release to slip out of my hand. Release smoked my cable roller cause the guard to fold onto the rollers. After looking it over my limbs, cams and string and cables are fine.

Worst case scenario I have to replace the rollers and cable guard what do you guys think the wait time for a part like that would be?

Thanks in advance,

also new release recommendations welcome lol.

Attachments

• bow.jpg
    bow.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 52
OP
Mackenzieb91
Can you order parts directly from Mathews your self ? Or do you have to get them through a authorized dealer. Guy that runs a shop in town I’ve found isn’t reliable and I’m 6 hrs from a shop. So if I could get the part my self I could just change it out on my buddys bow press

Mikeemota

FNG
Hey,

This actually just happened to me yesterday. so bummed. ended up bending my center guard as well. do you have any updates on how you got that fixed? maybe a price estimate as well? I'm a couple hours from a pro shop as well so I'm tryna figure out my next course of action.

OP
Mackenzieb91
Hey,

This actually just happened to me yesterday. so bummed. ended up bending my center guard as well. do you have any updates on how you got that fixed? maybe a price estimate as well? I'm a couple hours from a pro shop as well so I'm tryna figure out my next course of action.
My bow guy who runs a shop out of his house from were I live, was able to get it from Mathews in two weeks, and it was about $60 CAD . Super quick and way cheaper then I thought. I guess it happens way more then I thought as the pro shop a few hrs south of me said they had a dozen come in for the same thing 🤣

Mikeemota

FNG
My bow guy who runs a shop out of his house from were I live, was able to get it from Mathews in two weeks, and it was about $60 CAD . Super quick and way cheaper then I thought. I guess it happens way more then I thought as the pro shop a few hrs south of me said they had a dozen come in for the same thing 🤣
Thanks for the quick reply! Yeah definitely a lot cheaper than i would’ve thought as well. Glad to know this is a common thing. Makes me feel a bit better about messing up my bow lol.

Also just curious is the center guard easy to take out? I noticed the two Allen screws on the side but wondering if they glued it in as well.

thanks again!

OP
Mackenzieb91
Thanks for the quick reply! Yeah definitely a lot cheaper than i would’ve thought as well. Glad to know this is a common thing. Makes me feel a bit better about messing up my bow lol.

Also just curious is the center guard easy to take out? I noticed the two Allen screws on the side but wondering if they glued it in as well.

thanks again!
Mine wasn’t glued in just in place with the Allen keys like a string stop is !