Mature Mountain Whitetails & Terrain Features

For those here who enjoy chasing mature western mountain whitetails, have you noticed any certain type of terrain features they tend to use over others?

Saddles/low spots between higher spots, bedded on points, south slopes when cold, are all pretty standard.

What are secondary features or spots you look for in conjunction with or independent of those?

For those here who enjoy chasing mature western mountain whitetails, have you noticed any certain type of terrain features they tend to use over others?

Saddles/low spots between higher spots, bedded on points, south slopes when cold, are all pretty standard.

What are secondary features or spots you look for in conjunction with or independent of those?
I've found them to like young densely grown pine in old cuts and if there's any kind of spring or clear chute in it they will work the edge. I've also found that the edges of thick alder and willow patches seem to be good travel routes for them. I do find better numbers in the low lying areas of the mountain drainages but the bigger bucks will be up along the timber lines just above that to see and scent better.