Maven B.2 VS B.6 or...

Despotes

FNG
Mostly for viewing deer in low light w/o sacrificing day time performance. The B.2 (9X45) has the "better" AK prisms for light transmission (93.7%), but the B.6 (10X50) has a higher transmission rate (94.75%) according to Maven's specs even though they have the S-P prisms. Weight is not a factor for me.
Is one optically superior or are they so close you wouldn't be able to tell the difference? If all is equal, a wider fov would be nice.
I never hear about the Tract Toric UHD 10X50. They're much less expensive, but are they optically inferior? GPO Passion HD 10X50?
Ultimately which is best for my use at roughly 1k$ or less?
Maven B.2 vs B.6
Tract Toric UHD
GPO Passion HD

Currently using older Nikon Monarch 8X42. I'm hoping the upgrade will be very noticeable.

Steve C

Lil-Rokslider
First off you will not notice a 1% difference in transmission. There is a ever so slight advantage in low light with the 10x B6 vs the 9X B2. You won't notice it without the two side by side.

I think the Mavens are slightly better than the Tract. However the Tract is close enough that you will not notice the difference without a side by side.

If the Toric vs Maven price difference is significant to your expendable income, then the Tract is likely the best bet.

On another note the Maven B6 will not work for an IPD of less than 58mm.

I have significant time with most of the glass on the list, if not all models, then all of the companies. There is not a bad choice on the list you provide. The noticeable difference will be which one fits you best. Some people have more specific needs in some areas than others,

jerm8352

Lil-Rokslider
Speaking from experience, if that is what you want save a little more/longer and get it. If you don’t you will just regret it and end up paying more in the long run when you get it.

As Steve said. There really isn’t a loser in the bunch you are comparing. I’ve owned both the Maven B2 9x45 and B6 10x50, GPO (not the 10x50) and no direct experience with Tract. I can say that I like both image and handling of the B6 a bit better than the B2; and the B6 is the lightest, best handling 10x50 I‘ve ever sampled. It also has the widest FOV and biggest sweet-spot of all those listed. But if you have over-narrowly set eyes with minimal IPD they many not work. Have heard a number of positive reports on the Tract from experienced folks - only downside is the FOV, weight and some have had issues with the eyecups. Doug from Cameraland has considerable experience with GPO and can give you his impressions.

justchel

FNG
I never hear about the Tract Toric UHD 10X50. They're much less expensive, but are they optically inferior? GPO Passion HD 10X50?
Ultimately which is best for my use at roughly 1k$ or less?
I'm in the same spot wanting to find my preferred 10x50 for around $1K.

The GPO is always closer to $1200 so didn't consider it, and I didn't want a Razor. But the Maven B6 being able to use a mil discount was under $900, and the Toric much less than that, so I ordered both to see which one I like more. I'm hoping they should both be here by Friday and I'll be happy to give you my impressions.

Dbevans

Lil-Rokslider
Hey, what did you end up choosing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

justchel

FNG
Hey, what did you end up choosing
Hey Dbevans, I never followed up my post from way back in Dec! Here's the comparison I did. Even though I kept the B6s, hands down Tract binos offer the best glass and quality for the money, if their design suits you.

Dbevans

Lil-Rokslider
Hey Dbevans, I never followed up my post from way back in Dec! Here's the comparison I did. Even though I kept the B6s, hands down Tract binos offer the best glass and quality for the money, if their design suits you.

Pretty thorough review. I currently have b1.2s and was deciding if downgrading was smart. Hmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk