Maven B series 15/18 or 12?

tonechaser88

Lil-Rokslider
Looking at diving into Maven for my optics in the future. I'm looking for a nice piece for Barbary sheep / Coues and Muley's (NM primarily). I'm torn between carrying a 10x as well as 15/18 for long glassing, or just getting one set of 12x and carrying that only. I've never hunted Coues but want to in the future so I'm leaning toward the 10x and the 18's. Anyone with personal experience hunting with the big glass from Maven?

HuntNTag

WKR
The maven B2 9’s with a set of the 18’s would be a sick combo. I used that in Alaska this year with no spotter and I enjoyed the setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man, I've hunted quite a bit with a buddy using the 18's. I like those a LOT! For me, I wouldn't probably need a spotter if I had the B1 10's on my chest (cause they're lighter than B2s) and the B5s in the 18's for my tripod. Alas, I do not have the budget for another set of optics, but they're on my short list.

NYSKIER

WKR
Depends on if you are out there horn hunting or meat hunting, that would influence my decision. Meat only I'd go 15x I think. It's not a one size fits all currently I use 9x Maven B-2s with a spotter and it works for me. If I wanted to spend the money maybe I'd grab the 12 or 15s and see how it worked for me

• Banned
OP
tonechaser88

tonechaser88

Lil-Rokslider
Man, I've hunted quite a bit with a buddy using the 18's. I like those a LOT! For me, I wouldn't probably need a spotter if I had the B1 10's on my chest (cause they're lighter than B2s) and the B5s in the 18's for my tripod. Alas, I do not have the budget for another set of optics, but they're on my short list.
Is that buddy Cody Rich? He’s the reason I’m onto the Maven’s, y’all podcast cost me a lot of money !! HCA rifle should be here real soon ;)

• Banned
OP
tonechaser88

tonechaser88

Lil-Rokslider
Maybe I'm missing something on their website, anyone know how much the 15's weigh compared to the 18s?

Maybe i got a bad sample but i looked through the maven 18x on a coues hunt last year. I really wanted to like them but I didn't come away very impressed. The sweet spot was small and i just could not fall into the view like you can with high end glass. My plan was to get some 18x to supplement my EL 12x50 but i finally decided i'm just as effective at long range glassing with my 12s due to the sharper image and i can stay in them longer without eye fatigue.

Is that buddy Cody Rich? He’s the reason I’m onto the Maven’s, y’all podcast cost me a lot of money !! HCA rifle should be here real soon ;)
Haha. Yes. We had them out a ton on his antelope hunt back in 2019, then screwed with them quite a bit after that. I wouldn't trust that rifle. @HellsCanyon Mike doesn't know his rear end from a bolt action. I'd ask for your money back. 😉