Maven B2 9x45 - my thoughts

Pacohunts

FNG
With the B2 9x45s are you guys also packing a spotting scope or this all you taking?

Firehawk

WKR
With the B2 9x45s are you guys also packing a spotting scope or this all you taking?
It depends a little bit. If I was hunting for anything legal, I often only carried the 9x45. They are outstanding on a Tripod. If more of a trophy area, I liked either the 15x bino or a spotter to decide on an animal before I would make the hike.

Yep, they were on sale. I think the glass is outstanding. Just couldn't get the right fit with my face. The slightest movement left or right and I'm getting shadow. My Viper 8x42's are nowhere near as clear/bright, but just more comfortable and I don't get the blackout.
Ok, y'all. I did some major backsliding and decided to keep the Mavens. I realized it was not the eyecups, it was my adjustments. Posted this elsewhere, but reposting here:

I let the box sit for a few days as I was filled with a weird nagging doubt.

I pulled the Mavens out of the box and spent some time adjusting them for my face.

Once I got the eyecups feeling right, I set up my tripod and started doing side-by-side tests.

I soon realized that like NEO in "The Matrix", I was actually seeing things for the first time.

Morpheus.png

With the B2's, it's like a light switch is turned on downrange, and I can see things that are murky at best with the Vipers.

The level of clarity of the B2's is so much better that what I thought was some weird sort of halo effect was actually.....just light!

For the first time in my 20-year Amazon career, I'm canceling a return.

Thank goodness I elected to drop off at the UPS store vs home pickup else I'd have had to track down the UPS van, shoot out the tires, and run it off the road in order to get MY Mavens back.

4th_point

WKR
Ok, y'all. I did some major backsliding and decided to keep the Mavens. I realized it was not the eyecups, it was my adjustments.
That's awesome. Thanks for the follow up, as it might help someone else and goes to show how important design compatibility is for the user. You just won't know until you try something, and even then it might take more than a few quick sessions. And some fine tuning might help!

I am a big fan of the SLC HD/WB, but occasionally get glare that requires repositioning. A few quick sessions would not necessarily reveal it either, as light conditions, viewing angle, positioning, etc. all factor into it. As good as they are, if I couldn't reduce the glare they would not be useful under certain conditions.

Some people get really bad glare with the EL and NL that can't be avoided. Again, not compatible for the user so it doesn't matter how super duper they are for someone else! But it takes time and use under various conditions. Then fiddling with adjustments.