Maven C4 in 15x and 18x

grfox92

WKR
This is an exciting debut. I have the C series in 10x42 and am very impressed with them. Has anyone here at Rokslide had a chance to get they're hands on these? Any reviews coming?
ce52e092e9e6a7fe426793c2191c1fd8.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Blue72

WKR
Wow!…the specs for the 18x looks promising for its price point

18x is the starting magnification to see the ring on the planet Saturn

Last edited:

Firehawk

WKR
I love the view in my C1 8x42, but the narrow FOV was quite noticable to me. Looks like the FOV on the C4 15x is about 6-7' narrower than a 15x56 Meopta Meostar. An 18x would be 25' narrower than a 15x56 Meopta. I have never really thought that the FOV was narrow on the Meopta, so the 6-7' difference would be tough to notice assuming similar "to the edge" ability. The Meopta is pretty good to the edge. And my C1 was pretty good in that regard as well.

Curious to see if people feel like it is too narrow like is commonly expressed on the C1.

Blue72

WKR
I love the view in my C1 8x42, but the narrow FOV was quite noticable to me. Looks like the FOV on the C4 15x is about 6-7' narrower than a 15x56 Meopta Meostar. An 18x would be 25' narrower than a 15x56 Meopta. I have never really thought that the FOV was narrow on the Meopta, so the 6-7' difference would be tough to notice assuming similar "to the edge" ability. The Meopta is pretty good to the edge. And my C1 was pretty good in that regard as well.

Curious to see if people feel like it is too narrow like is commonly expressed on the C1.

Did you notice the 18x AFOV is 10 degrees better then the 15x. While the FOV remain pretty close. This should make the 18x feel wider. Even though mathematically the 15x are slightly wider

Firehawk

WKR
Did you notice the 18x AFOV is 10 degrees better then the 15x. While the FOV remain pretty close. This should make the 18x feel wider. Even though mathematically the 15x are slightly wider
I didn't really pay attention to the degrees as I haven't been able to wrap my mind around those differences. But I have paid attention to the "Feet/1000 yards" numbers. I was astonished to see nearly 100' difference between the C1 and B3 8x binos on paper. But when I had my B3, it was a significant improvement over the C1. It was almost a night and day difference. Didn't make the C1 bad, but the FOV is narrow enough it is noticable. The B3 is amazing. And I was really surprised how good it was on a tripod. Didn't expect that level of awesome from such a tiny package of optics.

Blue72

WKR
I didn't really pay attention to the degrees as I haven't been able to wrap my mind around those differences. But I have paid attention to the "Feet/1000 yards" numbers. I was astonished to see nearly 100' difference between the C1 and B3 8x binos on paper. But when I had my B3, it was a significant improvement over the C1. It was almost a night and day difference. Didn't make the C1 bad, but the FOV is narrow enough it is noticable. The B3 is amazing. And I was really surprised how good it was on a tripod. Didn't expect that level of awesome from such a tiny package of optics.
Well the C1 and B3 are dramatically differen. But it’s not just the FOV that impresses you, it’s probably the AFOV of the B3 too. The greater the AFOV, typically the more “immersive “ experience you have, where less AFOV feels like looking through “straws“…..so it’s possible the 18x might give you the view your looking for with its dramatically bigger AFOV

mxgust

Lil-Rokslider
Got mine in the mail today. I ordered the 15x56 and my first impression has been really good. They feel great overall and from what I can tell just looking out my backyard I think they’ll do well. I don’t have any really high end stuff to compare with but I do have some maven B1 10x42s that I really like. The 15s are surprisingly bright and the color is good. It’ll be a few weeks or months before I get them out on a tripod and really test them but I think they’ll do well for me, especially for the price

Well I created an account just to post this. I got my 18x56 in the mail today. This weekend I will be comparing them to my 12x50 Razor HD and my buddies 18x56 Razor UHD.

First impression is that it came decently packaged with bare necessities. The build quality was on par with my Razors and the nonslip coating has a good feel to it.

In a brief side by side to my Razor HD I can already tell you the edge to edge clarity is better and the images look clearer in normal lighting.

Cali hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Ordered the 18x56 since they were 25% off. Showed up today. They are definitely better than my vortex vulture HD 15x56 (for sale in the classifieds) for the 30-40 min I got to play with them. I’m hopefully the weather clears up next week and I can really see what they do.

Very will built and feel they will be great tripod binos to accent my maven b2 11x45 chest Carry binos.

mxgust

Lil-Rokslider
Any of you guys do long range viewing with them?

how sharp are items at two miles away?
I haven’t been able to yet, it’s dark for me after work still so I’ll have to slip out on a weekend here. I can get just over a mile out of my backyard though and even just handholding them at that distance it’s very good. Central clarity is on par with my B1s and they’re nice and bright