Maven RS4 vs. Steiner T6Xi 5-30x56, or something used in that price range?

Lux_FMJ

FNG
I'm considering these for my Bergara HMR Wilderness (6.5 CM). The intent is to further learn LRPS at 1000-2000 yds (steel, paper) and hopefully find a mentor in my area to make this all worthwhile, but first things first I need a new optic.
I started out with a Hawke Frontier 18540, but I disliked how the reticle fully illuminates, is not center dot, the glass at long range is very difficult to work with, and my confidence in its durability is lacking (holding zero etc.). I'm looking to upgrade to a "premium" optic to further grow into.

I've recently learned how European glass has a tint to it that some don't like, but I'm not sure what to say beyond that. I've heard mixed reviews the Steiner suffers from that. I can get the T6Xi for $1899 and the RS4 is $1800, both new. I am open to used as well, but I am not yet aware of what options that may open up. I'm looking to spend between $1500-$2000. I'm just looking to hear some thoughts on these optics and used options to help me with a purchase decision. Also, if anyone is in the Chisago County area of MN I would love to connect.

Skoal3

FNG
I'm considering these for my Bergara HMR Wilderness (6.5 CM). The intent is to further learn LRPS at 1000-2000 yds (steel, paper) and hopefully find a mentor in my area to make this all worthwhile, but first things first I need a new optic.
I started out with a Hawke Frontier 18540, but I disliked how the reticle fully illuminates, is not center dot, the glass at long range is very difficult to work with, and my confidence in its durability is lacking (holding zero etc.). I'm looking to upgrade to a "premium" optic to further grow into.

I've recently learned how European glass has a tint to it that some don't like, but I'm not sure what to say beyond that. I've heard mixed reviews the Steiner suffers from that. I can get the T6Xi for $1899 and the RS4 is $1800, both new. I am open to used as well, but I am not yet aware of what options that may open up. I'm looking to spend between $1500-$2000. I'm just looking to hear some thoughts on these optics and used options to help me with a purchase decision. Also, if anyone is in the Chisago County area of MN I would love to connect.
What did you end up going with?

OP
Lux_FMJ

Lux_FMJ

FNG
Nothing yet lol. Been trying to sell (trade) my thermal for a 5-30 or 6-36, but no luck so far.

Skoal3

FNG
I did get a 3-18 Tenmile though on my Bergara Timber (308), so guess I've got that going for me. One scope upgrade checked off the list, two more to go 🤑
Well this won’t be a whole lot of help but I just got a Steiner H6xi 3-18x50 in the mail. Haven’t spent a whole lot of time with it yet but if the T6xi is the same glass, I think it’s supposed to be, I highly doubt you’ll be disappointed. It’s very clear and very bright. I got a zeiss v6 also, was going to compare and send one back. Pretty sure I’ll be keeping the Steiner.