Maven vs Swarovski Spotting Scope

Hey, Rokslide
I'm having a bit of a moral dilemma. It sounds stupid, but it's true. On a previous thread, I asked about binoculars and I ended up getting Maven B.1 10x42's and they flat kick ass. I couldn't be happier with them. I'm now in the market for a spotting scope and I've narrowed down my selection to the Maven S.1A 25-50x80 and the Swarovski ATS-65HD 20-60x. I can get them for about the exact same price, give or take a little. I'm having 2 problems with deciding which spotting scope to get.
1 - I want to support American made. Maven is American made even though I know their glass is from Japan.
2 - I don't want the optical quality of the Swarovski glass to make me feel like my new Maven binoculars are inferior and be tempted to get Swarovski binoculars.
I know this is silly but it's an internal dilemma that I'm battling and I want to know what you all think.
Thanks

Matt G.

WKR
I would get the swaro from the point of weight and size alone. I don't want to pack a huge scope and is why i would love to get the kowa tsn554. if i was going to use at range or near truck then I wouldn't care.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

skierhs

WKR
I would buy the swaro. I still use my 10x50 vortex vipers even though I run a 95mm swaro and 15x56 slc. You’ll be happy you go that route.

Forest

WKR
The swaro will hold its value better no doubt. And to be fair its really not a great comparison with the 80mm vs 65mm. Will the 80 get left in the truck because it's too big to pack?? Will the higher quality glass offset the lower amount of light it lets in?? Just some things to look at/consider. I'm in a similar situation depending on what tags we draw this year. Rumors are maven is coming out with a smaller 60mm ish size, might be a heck of a scope for the $$!?
I wouldn't rule out a kowa or meopta s2 either, many report the 77 kowa and 80mm meopta is as good or better than the swaro sts 80. If you are willing to buy used they are serious contenders for similar money....

Block

WKR
Iv had these 2 spotters side by side and it doesn’t take a genius to see that the Maven just doesn’t cut it in low light. The first and last 45 min of day it’s not even a comparison...

I have both. As much as I love Maven B2 binos, the Maven Spotter is no where near the Swaro. Especially the ATX line. The only competition IMO to the Swaro are the Kowa 883/Meopta Meostar and obviously a few other alpha scopes. Save the pennies and buy one of the mentioned.

JaredJ

WKR
Hey, Rokslide
I'm having a bit of a moral dilemma. It sounds stupid, but it's true. On a previous thread, I asked about binoculars and I ended up getting Maven B.1 10x42's and they flat kick ass. I couldn't be happier with them. I'm now in the market for a spotting scope and I've narrowed down my selection to the Maven S.1A 25-50x80 and the Swarovski ATS-65HD 20-60x. I can get them for about the exact same price, give or take a little. I'm having 2 problems with deciding which spotting scope to get.
1 - I want to support American made. Maven is American made even though I know their glass is from Japan.
2 - I don't want the optical quality of the Swarovski glass to make me feel like my new Maven binoculars are inferior and be tempted to get Swarovski binoculars.
I know this is silly but it's an internal dilemma that I'm battling and I want to know what you all think.
Thanks

Would you consider the Leica APO 65 or is it just between the Macen and Swarovski?

Gonewest

WKR
Just curious. What does the Maven compare to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WRO

WKR
Maven are branded in the US, most of the production is overseas. No different than Vortex.