Maven's new CS1 15-45 spotter

Bump just to keep the question up "how does this compare to the athlon or hawke spotters?"

I had been planning to wait for a kowa 773 but this is certainly an interesting price point. The fact it's made in China vs Japan/US made me wonder if it's worth it.

Bravofisk

FNG
Just did a quick unboxing review on YouTube.

I’ll try to do a more in depth review in the field. But so far its impressive!

Smokey12

Lil-Rokslider
If you can weigh it. I'm curious what the actual weight is.

Last edited:

Firehawk

WKR
I just ordered one this morning. I will run it hard this week on my archery deer hunt in Utah. I am excited to try it. I am a straight body type hunter, so using an angled spotter will take some getting used to. But....I didn't have a choice of a straight style.

SoDak_23

FNG
I haven’t used mine a ton yet but so far impressed. Wondering if anyone has found a good carrying case for it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This pic is 45 power about half a mile away. Holding phone by hand. Also about 15 min after sunset
0a02697b16d188c6f6e18d182306b0cb.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Grecco

FNG
I just ordered one this morning. I will run it hard this week on my archery deer hunt in Utah. I am excited to try it. I am a straight body type hunter, so using an angled spotter will take some getting used to. But....I didn't have a choice of a straight style.
How did you like the scope. I am thinking of ordering on soon.

Firehawk

WKR
How did you like the scope. I am thinking of ordering on soon.
It is pretty good. I worked it out hard in the Book Cliffs this fall and overall it is pretty nice. I really wish they made a straight version though as I still struggle to use the angled versions.

I also discovered how awesome a really good 15x bino (used Swaro SLCs and then bought a Meopta B1) is on a tripod on that hunt and I found myself using them much more than the spotter. That said, for the money, it is a nice scope and I really like Maven as a company. Their products play really well in the money they ask for them, and they are truly stand up people who stand behind their products and warranty. I am a Maven fan for the long haul now.

Grecco

FNG
Thanks I have a pair of c3 and have really enjoyed them. I'm in the process of selling some old equipment to fund the scope

Echo

FNG
Also really interested in this scope. Would love to hear some reviews from the field!