Maybe the lowest priced option to benchmade altitude

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
The links in the OP go to Facebook. I don’t know how to use that site. Is there a better link to where I can order and try one out? Thanks a bunch!

Edit: I’m an idiot. Found the non linked text to their site. Thanks.

sndmn11

WKR
I have had a few PMs already. I am 100% confident in the unglued pin "system" that I implemented. I am about 90% confident on the cork that is going into the sheath. It should wear to fit, but i also had to reduce the thickness a bit to use the factory sheath. So, there's a 10% chance it might break rather than wear on the part. Because of that, I can't take money for these or do them for folks I don't know and are local. @Blandry is like ten minutes away so if something goes wonky I can fix it.

Nice work Sndmn!

Which blocks did you start with? 0.5” x 2” x 12”? Also, what is the final weight of the knife now? Cork is deceiving.

Thanks!
The $10 kitchen scale says the knife with scales installed is 1.8oz. No sheath.

twall13

WKR
I had planned to just use the knife with Paracord but those cork grips look comfortable. I may have to buy some cork and play around with it.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

sndmn11

WKR
Thank you sir! I might have to give it a go.
I have a bunch of meetings today and don't feel like pulling things apart, and @Blandry is picking this up later. I believe their listed 1.7oz weight is bare, and am guessing the paracord weighs more than the cork.

When some folks get theirs, I would be interested in weights to see if my guess is correct.

OP
Blandry

Blandry

WKR
7c89c2bf204acd60d3566b56064a24ac.jpg

Kyle got it shaving sharp as well. Owe you one man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twall13

WKR
My knives showed up today. One of them was decently sharp, though not quite where I want it. The other two were actually quite dull. I can't complain for the price I paid but it looks like I have some sharpening to do. Sharpening three S90V blades will probably go through a few belts on the Work Sharp to get them where I want them but I'm ok with that. Once I get them where I want them it's much easier to maintain them going forward.

I feel like the Kydex is sufficient, but I prefer a more positive click and retention so I may heat it up and l use my foam press to see if I can improve things. Overall I'm pretty happy with what they are for the price. Not shipped as a premium blade, but the components are there with a little elbow grease.

sndmn11

WKR
My knives showed up today. One of them was decently sharp, though not quite where I want it. The other two were actually quite dull. I can't complain for the price I paid but it looks like I have some sharpening to do. Sharpening three S90V blades will probably go through a few belts on the Work Sharp to get them where I want them but I'm ok with that. Once I get them where I want them it's much easier to maintain them going forward.

I feel like the Kydex is sufficient, but I prefer a more positive click and retention so I may heat it up and l use my foam press to see if I can improve things. Overall I'm pretty happy with what they are for the price. Not shipped as a premium blade, but the components are there with a little elbow grease.

Which work sharp?

sndmn11

WKR
Ken Onion Editon

I used the blade grinder one and the steel was really responsive. I believe because it is set up for convex that the angle marks are off.

I tried 19deg, 80 grit for it sharp easy, 120grit chipped it out.

21deg got to x65 before chipping out.

22deg worked out all the way through. You will find that in the medium grits it seems to lose the edge, but as long as it is not chipping out stick with it through the polish. This took the bevel back 1/16" or so.

twall13

WKR
I used the blade grinder one and the steel was really responsive. I believe because it is set up for convex that the angle marks are off.

I tried 19deg, 80 grit for it sharp easy, 120grit chipped it out.

21deg got to x65 before chipping out.

22deg worked out all the way through. You will find that in the medium grits it seems to lose the edge, but as long as it is not chipping out stick with it through the polish. This took the bevel back 1/16" or so.
Thanks for the tips, that gives me a great place to start!

Knife is good, belt is great. Came with a handwritten note thanking me and that they upgraded me to a 2.0 to ensure fit. 5 stars…will be going back again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maverick351

Lil-Rokslider
First day back on the site and already I was about to spend money. Sold out. Whew that was close

kpbrown31

FNG
Ken Onion Editon

Let me know how the Ken Onion works for you, as that’s what I have and will be using. My blades showed up today as well and will definitely need ran through the sharpener.

Let me know how the Ken Onion works for you, as that’s what I have and will be using. My blades showed up today as well and will definitely need ran through the sharpener.
Yeah I'm not to impressed. I don't consider mine sharp at all.
And I have no idea the mumbo jumbo you sharpening guru's are talking about.

Ucsdryder

WKR
Knife was dull. Not even semi sharp. I put it on my lansky diamond sf 20 degrees and it took a bit but it’s hair popping sharp now. A good strop with green compound and the edges are shining.

I’m a big fan!!!

Someone said some not very nice things about my choice of paracord. Does this scream….HEYYYYYY BOYSSSSS in my highest pitched, lispiest voice?

Attachments

• F0896179-D913-4787-8E40-4A030ED6921B.jpeg
    F0896179-D913-4787-8E40-4A030ED6921B.jpeg
    207.2 KB · Views: 131