Maybe the lowest priced option to benchmade altitude

lak2004

WKR
If anyone wants to get rid of one, let me know. Otherwise I'll wait for the in stock notification

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

MtnMuley

WKR
I received the 3 I ordered within 3 days. Only opened one, and it was plenty sharp. I'm going to try the handle sndmn11 posted on one of them. Thanks for posting the link to these and to sndmn11 for his handle tutorial.

Ucsdryder

WKR
Id probably sell mine but im not interested in loosing money.
And you shouldn’t have to. If it’s truly s90v and holds an edge like it should it’s a no brainer at 60-70 bucks. I just sold my benchmade hidden canyon and am going to roll with this one. @sndmn11 is going to put some cork on it for me. He’s so sweet.

Lawnboi

WKR
For you guys wondering if the steel is up to snuff. Put it to use it the kitchen, you will find out real quick.

Zip tie a tag that says no dishwasher for your family.

And you shouldn’t have to. If it’s truly s90v and holds an edge like it should it’s a no brainer at 60-70 bucks. I just sold my benchmade hidden canyon and am going to roll with this one. @sndmn11 is going to put some cork on it for me. He’s so sweet.
Man that hidden canyon is such a sweet knife. I got the wifey one and had it engraved, lazer what ever they do.

stank.243

Lil-Rokslider
I’ll also join in on the “if you don’t like it I’ll buy it” bandwagon. Found this thread just a bit too late…

CAH

FNG
This thing is a PIA to sharpen lol. Any tips? Got the ken onion work sharp. I’ve gotten it better starting with the coarse belt and working ip to the extra fine grit, but it still isn’t popping hair or slicing paper evenly.

kpbrown31

FNG
This thing is a PIA to sharpen lol. Any tips? Got the ken onion work sharp. I’ve gotten it better starting with the coarse belt and working ip to the extra fine grit, but it still isn’t popping hair or slicing paper evenly.
Literally having the same exact problem haha. I feel it's the sharpest when I finish a couple passes through with the coarse belt. Then I lose my sharp edge as soon as I jump up to the medium and lastly fine. I can get it to slice paper, but not shave hair. Other knives I've sharpened in the past I was able to get to shave hair.

What angle are you trying for? I am leaning towards 25 degrees since it's going to be more of a backcountry knife/skinning.

CAH

FNG
Literally having the same exact problem haha. I feel it's the sharpest when I finish a couple passes through with the coarse belt. Then I lose my sharp edge as soon as I jump up to the medium and lastly fine. I can get it to slice paper, but not shave hair. Other knives I've sharpened in the past I was able to get to shave hair.

What angle are you trying for? I am leaning towards 25 degrees since it's going to be more of a backcountry knife/skinning.
I started at 20 which is what I use for all my knives, but switched to 22 as was stated earlier in this thread. I agree that the coarse gets it sharp but then I lose it in the middle belts and the extra fine doesn’t seem to do much. I WILL GET THIS. But man is it frustrating lol.

No. I won’t sell it either for all you sharks circling my wounded seal ass.

sndmn11

WKR
Who wants cork scales and how much are they worth?

@CAH I am guessing at the rough grits you say "wowie this thing is already sharp" then it seems to disentegrate and be a butter knife? If that is the case, keep changing at 1deg increments.

Reactions: CAH

CAH

FNG
Who wants cork scales and how much are they worth?

@CAH I am guessing at the rough grits you say "wowie this thing is already sharp" then it seems to disentegrate and be a butter knife? If that is the case, keep changing at 1deg increments.
Change a degree up as I increase in belt fineness? Or change a degree up and do all the belts over?

Ucsdryder

WKR
on your do over. If it is chipping out you are trying too flat, increase the angle and go back.
I got mine shaving sharp on my lansky diamond sharpener. I used 20 degree and had to work at it a while, I think 22 degrees is closer to factory. Get that burr turned over and then keep going back and forth as you increase grit. Then stop on leather.

Ucsdryder

WKR
on your do over. If it is chipping out you are trying too flat, increase the angle and go back.
I assume it’s rough because the burr makes it feel sharp. As soon as that’s polished off your back to a dull knife.

lak2004

WKR
Anyone have a good link to a video in sharpening that is worth a damn? I can get knives ok sharp, but I'm always frustrated with my end result. Basically I suck at it

Ucsdryder

WKR
Anyone have a good link to a video in sharpening that is worth a damn? I can get knives ok sharp, but I'm always frustrated with my end result. Basically I suck at it

YouTube sharpening with the burr and watch a few videos.