MDWi Jacket/Hoody vs Ambient Jacket/Hoody

They must have way overdone it on these pieces and the fabric. Big discounts and the are selling a blanket made of this stuff.

TXCO

WKR
They must have way overdone it on these pieces and the fabric. Big discounts and the are selling a blanket made of this stuff.
I wonder if some of it is because several pieces werent released to this fall after folks were done buying? Or if they kept adding pieces to use up inventory?

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
The older Ambient (sans full zip) are seeing some good discounts around.

The blanket thing is a little odd. Alpha/Evolve makes for great insulation on the move, but for a blanket (you're not moving if you're using a blanket) I'd much rather have Apex insulation or something similar- better bang for the weight.

It is comfortable against the skin though.

The older Ambient (sans full zip) are seeing some good discounts around.

The blanket thing is a little odd. Alpha/Evolve makes for great insulation on the move, but for a blanket (you're not moving if you're using a blanket) I'd much rather have Apex insulation or something similar- better bang for the weight.

It is comfortable against the skin though.
I think Barklow drank too of the alpha / evolve koolaid and they ended up with a little oversupply issue.

I can imagine the call with Sitka leadership:

Sitka people: Fine, John, make the blankets, but next time don’t order so much insulation.
Barklow: OK. Blankets, yes. Where are we on the potholders?
sitka people: no, no potholders made of alpha insulation
Barklow: I am telling You, they will sell like hot cakes.
sitka people: no
barklow: like hot cakes from hot pans. Get it.
sitka people: I am hanging up, John.