Meal Replacement Shake Recipes

JAXNRYLZ

Lil-Rokslider
Ok folks, let's hear them... what is your go to meal replacement shake recipes?

Thanks in advance!

fmyth

WKR
1/2 cup Soylent powder, 1 tblsp peanut butter, large handfull of fresh or frozen spinach leaves, 1/2 cup frozen blueberries, 12 0z water, fill to top with ice cubes and blend in Nutribullet.

wseidel

WKR
More of a smoothie than a shake but I've been doing this for the past 3 1/2 years...plus it has a secret ingredient due to my love of malts. I blend this in a Ninja blender and typically try and make one per day (2 cup serving) - but I probably average 5 per week. Healthy, filling and good after a workout.

kale and/or spinach
almond milk
protein powder
100% cocoa (natural unsweetened)
beet root powder
strawberries (homegrown)
blueberries (homegrown)
banana (not homegrown!)
chia seeds
ground flaxseed
walnuts
turmeric
cinnamon (ceylon type)
plus....wait for it....Malt Powder!

Note: I'm 63 and wish I had started this decades ago.

Here is mine
Hand full of spinach
Protein Powder (I like Mtn Ops Strawberry)
Few frozen strawberries
Few frozen raspberries
1/2 serving sugar free berry flavored fiber supplement
table spoon ground flax seed
Ice / Water

PantaRhei

FNG
More of a smoothie than a shake but I've been doing this for the past 3 1/2 years...plus it has a secret ingredient due to my love of malts. I blend this in a Ninja blender and typically try and make one per day (2 cup serving) - but I probably average 5 per week. Healthy, filling and good after a workout.

kale and/or spinach
almond milk
protein powder
100% cocoa (natural unsweetened)
beet root powder
strawberries (homegrown)
blueberries (homegrown)
banana (not homegrown!)
chia seeds
ground flaxseed
walnuts
turmeric
cinnamon (ceylon type)
plus....wait for it....Malt Powder!

Note: I'm 63 and wish I had started this decades ago.

That's jam-packed with all of the right stuff. I've been considering shakes for my on-call weekends, and this may be what I try. Thanks!

Poser

WKR
For what purpose are you replacing meals with shakes? They are great for supplementing macros, but, why replace a meal outright?

wseidel

WKR
You're welcome, PantaRhei. It's not only healthy but it tastes reasonably good - especially with the malt powder! BTW, I don't necessarily view these as a meal replacer but that is how they function in my life. When hunting out west, I typically have one for breakfast at 4 am before we head out.

OP
JAXNRYLZ

JAXNRYLZ

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the great suggestions...

I was thinking something to pack in with on a backdoor hunt and mix with water for breakfast or sip on the trail.

Ive ready the Brady Miller no stove menu and he does this every morning.

ChrisS

WKR
For what purpose are you replacing meals with shakes? They are great for supplementing macros, but, why replace a meal outright?
For me I'm not a huge breakfast guy, it's not easy for me to eat in the morning. But getting a wallop of calories based mostly on good fats and protein first thing in the morning can help me avoid overeating throughout the day. I go to the gym around 0530 and by the time I'm down with everything, it's time to go. Having a smoothie during the commute is pretty easy and makes some use of that time.

1-2 scoops organic whey protein (I like chocolate)
1 tbsp natural peanut butter
1 tbsp macha powder
2-ish tbsp organic coconut flakes
1/2 cup of frozen mixed berries
pinch of kosher salt
4-6 ice cubes
top with water

OP
JAXNRYLZ

JAXNRYLZ

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks ChrisS... I'm not a big breakfast guy either, but realize if I'm going to be hiking in backcountry all day a good breakfast meal is necessary to help me get through. The last thing I'd want to do is get up and have to fire up the stove and make something. Im not a coffee drinker so the less I have to fiddle with fire in the morning the better for me.

Id like to prepackage my breakfast meal and just add water so I can sip on it while heading up the trail.

OP
JAXNRYLZ

JAXNRYLZ

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the link Poser. I have come across greenbelly before in other stoveless menus. Some of the stuff does look pretty tasty!

scooter25

FNG
I like 1 scoop whey protein (chocolate), 1 cup almond milk, 2 tbs powder peanut butter, 2 tbs oats, 1 banana and ice

Poser

WKR
Thanks for the link Poser. I have come across greenbelly before in other stoveless menus. Some of the stuff does look pretty tasty!

Their bars are legit. I ate then a lot during ski season this year. I was thinking about ordering a few of the shakes more as a backup meal/calorie option for when I get strung out away from camp until midnight and run out of food or have a particularly difficult day that requires more calories than I packed for type of option.

That being said, I’m a stove and hot meal guy for primary meals. For me, The physiological satisfaction of eating a real meal just can’t be replaced. I don’t care how full a shake makes me feel at the moment, if I don’t eat a real meal, it was nothing more than a snack.

JHW809

FNG
Here is mine:
1 cup of Almond milk
1 cup of frozen berry mix
1 tsp of turmeric
1 tsp of coconut oil
2 TBS of almond butter
1 scoop of protein powder