MEAT your maker products

Does anyone have any of the MEAT Your Maker products? I have been looking at them since I wanted to start processing my own game. Do people recommend them or other good brands?

dhatter9

FNG
Bought the 1 horse grinder on Black Friday sale this year. Was quite a good deal, with free shipping to Alaska. Worked great processing 250lbs of moose meat. It’s pretty much exactly the same as my friend’s 1 horse cabelas grinder. Worked well for me thus far. Hope to have more to feed it this year.

GoatPackr

WKR
I've been looking for awhile. Good products.
They typically have good sales for black Friday.
I'm planning to buy a few items this year when they have their big sales again.

Kris

I've put an elk and several whitetail through their 1.5 hp #32 grinder over the last couple years. So far it has worked flawlessly and grinds faster than I can feed it.

Lytro

WKR
I have their chamber sealer, 10-tray dehydrator, and souis vide. All work well with no issues, and I'll likely buy more if any other equipment I have craps out. Tough to beat their sales when they have them.

I bought a smaller grinder half or three-quarter horsepower. I wouldn't buy it again.

I also bought one of their meat lugs. It can with a hole from the blow mold. Getting a replacement was kind of annoying. I also don't like the shape of it. There are too many contours.

I do like my 10-tray dehydrator though.

I may buy something from them in the future, but I will look at other options first.

I bought their 16" External Vacuum Sealer during the black Friday sale. It was the least expensive sealer that I could find with an internal cooling fan. I'm happy so far. Would buy from them again.

Gone4Days

WKR
I’ve had the large chamber vacuum sealer and 10 tray dehydrator for 2 years. Very happy with them. Also, they are on ExpertVoice if you are a member for a discount

OP
localsalemite
Bought the 1 horse grinder on Black Friday sale this year. Was quite a good deal, with free shipping to Alaska. Worked great processing 250lbs of moose meat. It’s pretty much exactly the same as my friend’s 1 horse cabelas grinder. Worked well for me thus far. Hope to have more to feed it this year.
I've been looking at that one. It looks awesome! Thank you for the input.

OP
localsalemite
I've been looking for awhile. Good products.
They typically have good sales for black Friday.
I'm planning to buy a few items this year when they have their big sales again.

Kris
I have been looking at a few of their products and might wait till the black Friday sale. I didn't know they had one.

I’ve got a grinder and chamber sealer from them. Both work great except sealer is on the slow side.

Agross

WKR
Been very happy with the grinder I got from them. Do yourself a favor and get the foot pedal to go with it if you buy one.

I have a #22 Grinder and I love it. Have not found anything it could not grind. Ground up some pretty frozen meat and had no issues.

elkguide

WKR
I have had the #22 - 1HP grinder, with the foot pedal for several years and I really like it. I only do 5 or 6 deer a year, but it makes the work go super easy and fast.

I have the little 500 watt grinder/stuffer. It punches above its weight and did two elk and 3 deer easily this year. It Outshined my brothers LEM that cost over 5 times as much. Their stuff seems to be simple and work well.

jonesn3

Lil-Rokslider
Been very happy with the grinder I got from them. Do yourself a favor and get the foot pedal to go with it if you buy one.
Definitely recommend the foot pedal! Its been really nice to have when stuffing burger bags.

We picked up the 1.5 hp #32 grinder (not dual grind) during the '23 Black Friday sale. Was on the fence between the MYM and LEM, they're probably pretty similar in function and quality. It did a couple elk and a black bear this year, first grind goes faster than I can feed the hopper. My biggest complaint about the MYM is pretty minor really, but there is small plastic washer that needs to be installed every use. Its easy to lose or forget about, and without it, you're SOL. Extruding the burger into burger bags is somewhat slow. But with practice, a second set of hands to feed the hopper, and the convenience of the taping tool, it has potential to be (slightly) faster than weighing and wrapping individual packages of burger. Oh and its incredibly heavy to move.

etapia

Lil-Rokslider
I've only had it since December, but I've been very pleased with their 10" slicer. I will probably invest in one of their grinders for the next big sale.

z987k

WKR
I did the same with a sale in 2023, it's done a bear and a moose so far. 1HP model also. I can't keep up with it. I also really like the double grind in 1 pass feature. The time savings vs my smaller LEM was massive. And the free shipping to AK was what did it for me.
I can also confirm that the cabelas meat mixer fits perfectly for people making sausage.

I’m a LEM guy myself. I have a grinder, two stuffers and vac packer all from LEM. Had them all for a while.
No issues with anything from LEM. They have stood the test of time for me.

That said MEAT products are getting some dang good reviews and have darn good prices. If I wasn't so pleased with and vested in LEM I sure would seriously consider MEAT equipment when building up my processing equipment.

svivian

WKR
I have the MEAT 1.5hp grinder, 50lb mixer and their biggest stuffer. We have processed a beef, 6-8 elk, 2 200lb pigs and 2 400lb pigs and the grinder has been flawless so far for two or three years now.

The 50lb mixer hooks up to the grinder and does a great job for mixing but its a real pain in the ass to clean as it doesnt come apart.

The stuffer is pretty standard but wish we got an electric version instead. Overall it does the job just like any other stuffer ive used. Buy the biggest stuffer you can if you go this route.13AC5236-FB88-4811-B824-45699E729C11.jpeg929CCB24-A50D-4287-B332-93B37D168CEF.jpeg8D1EEF45-B557-4049-959D-F1462749EF8B.jpegA42B8B4F-D498-4663-934A-A55EDD2F9F10.jpeg2BED2034-B8E7-446C-A9CF-31BAAF60A4D6.jpeg