Medium Actions

XLR

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
With hunting season coming around we seem to get a ton of questions about medium actions and when you should use them. With the new light weight medium XLR magazines from @Unknown Munitions, medium actions are the perfect setup for running short action magnum cartridges at longer than Sammi coal. If you are not familiar with the medium actions take a look at the blog post below and let us know if you have any questions on the benefit, compatibility, or anything else!

Thx, XLR.

I have 2 barreled medium actions that will interchangeably share a new mag well version XLR 4.0 Mg chassis. One is chambered 7WSM (mag case body), other is 284 Win. I'll buy a 2nd CF hunting stock when someone makes what I'm hoping for in MA inlet.

Question: It's clear that XLR offers a UM 3-round d-magazine for the 7WSM. When viewing the UM site, there are 2 order button selections for XLR medium 3-round magazines, (1) "XLR medium Magnum" and (2) "XLR medium Standard." However, the description page only represents the Magnum specs (friendly note for UM to fix :)).

It somewhat appears that UM makes a magazine that would work for a .284 Win. Can I buy both Magnum and Standard types from XLR, and if so, what is the "Standard" product's name/number/SKU for ordering from XLR?

OP
XLR

XLR

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
@Hill Difficulty at this time, we only carry the magnum version. So the standard from UM for your 284 will need to be purchased from them directly. We may consider carrying that variant down the road if demand grants it.