Member Vote Thread on 2019 Bull Elk Hunt Photo

2019 Best Elk Photo POLL, sponsored by Kifaru

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
OK Roksliders, our staff has voted on the top 10 photos from the entry thread (here)

Our friends at Kifaru have put up a $750 Gift Certificate for 1st place this year!!!! That's $750 smackers to spend in the Kifaru Store, and no guilt trip from the Mrs!

2nd place will be the ever-popular-but-often-out-of-stock Rokslide Kill Kit

Now it's your turn to vote!

Please, only one vote per person. If you think you can rig it by creating multiple member user names and voting, @Jskaanland is all over you! If you're caught voting more than once, all your votes are disqualified.

Also, if you made the finalist list, go ahead and vote on your own photo, but remember if you try to vote with multiple user names, your photo will be pulled from the contest. And @Ryan Avery will ban you.

To note: Tapatalk users can't see the poll, so use full-site if you want to vote

I'll only be using the official poll to award the winners- comment votes won't count (but of course we welcome your comments)

The poll is open until December 29th. I don't know exact time the software closes it, so vote early to make sure you're counted.

Here are the finalists in no particular order.

The member's name listed at top of each photo is shown in the poll above

Last edited:
OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
We have our winners! (Subject to verification before prizes go out)

For the 2nd year in a row jr8fish takes 1st place—the $750 in Kifaru bucks!

And for 2nd place, another finalist from 2018, wannakillabigbull takes the Rokslide Kill Kit

Nice work you two!

Amazing that no whole elk have appeared in the winning photos the last two years. It’s more than the kill for Roksliders

You guys have 7 days to PM me or I’ll go back to the voting tally.

Thanks to all who entered, all who voted, and to Frank and Aron at Kifaru for supporting this contest.

Watch for 2020 contest about late July in this same forum.

jr8fish

Lil-Rokslider
Wow! I can’t believe it happened again. Thank you to all who voted and submitted photos. It was a great contest. Just as a tidbit for everyone, this photo was taken in pretty much the same spot, on the same ridge, in the same drainage almost 1 year to date from last years photo.

It’s unreal to me that I was even able to take two otc bulls in the same drainage and then win the photo contest both times is crazy.

Grateful to my hunting partner @thefever (Jaron), rokslide and Kifaru. I love everything from Kifaru and am already dreaming about adding to the collection.

Thanks a bunch Robby, pm coming!

Wow! To be 100% honest I wasn’t sure the photo I submitted would even make the finals, but I’m glad the members liked it. It just so happens that today is my birthday, so thank you guys for the birthday present!

One thing I will say is I’m really happy a picture like my submission could compete. This picture of my bull was taken on a cellphone by my 57 year old father while riding on a horse he had previously fallen from. It’s great that a guy with no formal photography training using basic equipment and getting bounced around on a horse can take a picture worth voting for.

Thank you very much to the sponsors of the contest, Rokslide and Kifaru. It’s hard to see but my Kifaru DT2 makes an appearance on the middle horse. Thank goodness I listened to Aron all those years ago and went with a duplex over a bikini frame. This hunt was a DIY backpack hunt in a Colorado wilderness, so that Kifaru DT2 got plenty of use. Also, major thanks to my packer who showed up promptly the next day to get my bull out before the meat spoiled. Greg is on the lead horse in red plaid.

Thanks again guys for all the votes, and thanks to the other contestants for their submissions. Even outside the finals there were some amazing pictures with even better stories. I’ll get a pm off to Robby here shortly.

jr8fish

Lil-Rokslider
congrats wannakillabigbull! Looks like you had a fantastic hunt with family and a great photo.

Sharing moments on hunts like these with friends and family is a blessing. Sharing the hills with them every fall is best!

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Amazing that no whole elk have appeared in the winning photos the last two years. It’s more than the kill for Roksliders

As soon as I saw wannakillabigbull's photo, my adrenaline kicked in. That photo is the epitome of elk hunting for me, it's the whole package of the mountains, meadows, timber, the smells........that's elk country. And a successful pack train just adds to that. It could have been a raghorn strapped to the horse and that wouldn't change any of that. I can hear the bugles as soon as I see that picture.

Great pics and bulls all the way around. And good to see some youngsters in the pics too.