Meopta MeoPro Air 8x42

bozeman

WKR
Just got a set from a member on here after selling my SLC HD’s and reading some very positive reviews on bird forums. All I can say is ‘whoa’. These are exceptional optics. I bought my first Meopta scope last fall and was greatly impressed. These bino’s are superb!!!!

bird35

FNG
I have been wanting to hear more about the Meopro air. How do you feel they compare to the slc that you sold?

OP
bozeman

bozeman

WKR
It will take some more time behind these to say for sure....initial impressions are you are not giving up much, if any on the image (its crisp, clear and edge to edge). The story will come after spending some hours behind the glass to see if eye strain/headaches are an issue., to me, that is what set Swaro apart from several I tried. Selling the SLC's wasn't an easy decision.........

bird35

FNG
Thank you. I look foward to hearing more after you have had more time with the Meopro air.

OP
bozeman

bozeman

WKR
So, have had a few days to check these out pretty good. Clear picture, easy focus, bright edge to edge. No eye strain and so far, quite impressed. Good purchase for me………

bird35

FNG
I pulled the trigger on a set of kowa genesis 8x33 but these meopro air will most likely be my next bino purchase. It seems like they are getting great great reviews.

OspreyZB

Lil-Rokslider
Been kicking around the idea of ordering these as well. I love the open bridge design, and have been wanting a really nice 8x42 bino for a long time

Matt G.

WKR
I been waiting for the next meostars...

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

OP
bozeman

bozeman

WKR
These are superb, crisp image, but I’m still itching for an NL………I know, I know, don’t do it……

OP
bozeman

bozeman

WKR
Ok, so I have had a few weeks with these:

likes- clear and crisp image, solid mid-tier binos
lacking- these are not ELs or Noctovids

OP
bozeman

bozeman

WKR
Where did I say I expected them to be? Simply stating an opinion before I am asked how they compare to top tier glass.......

JGRaider

WKR
A more applicable comparison would be to other glass in the $1000 range, up to the SLC's price range.

OP
bozeman

bozeman

WKR
I have had Conquest HD, Trinovid HD, Leupold HD Guides and SLC HD from a personal standpoint. The SLC's are hands down better. I would personally say these are 92-95% of an SLC in overall view. I am not one to get caught up on armor, ergonomics, etc....I am looking for a clear, crisp view with no eye strain.

These MeoPro Air's are like my Meopta scopes.
Image quality is better than the Conquest HD line, the resolution is close, I think its the lens 'hue' that makes the difference
Crisper than the Trinovid HD (although I personally like the Leica hue/contrast in the Noctivids over the EL's)
Better in Every Category than the Leupold HD Guides

Very good mid tier bino and I plan to use them this fall unless I find a stellar deal on some Notivids or Pure's which would then prompt me to sell them to help with offset that purchase.

JGRaider

WKR
Thanks bozeman. I have experience with the SLC, Conquest HD, and BX4 so I found this very helpful. Much appreciated.