Meopta Optika5 questions

mobertok

FNG
Hello everyone, hope you can help me clear up a question. I'm having difficulty contacting Meopta.
So I am looking to possibly mount this scope on my new Bergara Ridge in 7mm rem mag. It appears there is a rimfire model and a model for center fire rifles. Everywhere I read, the one gor center fire dors not have the side adjustable parallax dial? But the rim fire has this feature. Is this correct? I see PA models, sfp Pa models and maybe even sfp models. Kinda confusing to me.
Also looking at the Trijicon Huron or Ascent models. What do you all think.

Thanks a bunch

Weldor

WKR
I have parallax adjustment on my 4x20x50 . It'a a centerfire.

Hello everyone, hope you can help me clear up a question. I'm having difficulty contacting Meopta.
So I am looking to possibly mount this scope on my new Bergara Ridge in 7mm rem mag. It appears there is a rimfire model and a model for center fire rifles. Everywhere I read, the one gor center fire dors not have the side adjustable parallax dial? But the rim fire has this feature. Is this correct? I see PA models, sfp Pa models and maybe even sfp models. Kinda confusing to me.
Also looking at the Trijicon Huron or Ascent models. What do you all think.

Thanks a bunch
People make this more confusing than it is. Meopta does not make an Optika 5 "rimfire" model. They make one that has adjustable parallax and one without adjustable parallax. The one with adjustable parallax is often called a "rimfire" scope, because rimfire shooters often want that feature.

I have a Meopta 5 that I like pretty well. It's a good scope for the money. I DO NOT like Ascents and Hurons. The eye relief is noticeable short and not really easy to get behind. No way I'd put one on a 7 mag. Often overlooked is the Trijicon Credo 3-9x40. It's a very good scope with good glass, good eye relief, easy to get behind, outstanding illumination control, precise adjustment and reasonable weight. At fewer than $100 more than a Huron, it's a bargain.

A word of caution. That Ridge rifle has a 90 degree bolt throw AND a large bolt knob. The Credo and the Optika 5 both have large power rings. The location and size of the throw knob on the Credo are a design flaw when it comes to 90 degree throw bolts.

OP
mobertok

mobertok

FNG
Thank you fartell, that helps a ton. (awesome)
I was concerned about the size of the power rings and the 90 degree power rings. I wonder if they will work.

Thank you fartell, that helps a ton. (awesome)
I was concerned about the size of the power rings and the 90 degree power rings. I wonder if they will work.
This Meopta will fit just fine, and it has better glass then the Optika 5. Cameraland's Demos are essentially new. They have simply been out of the box in many cases. This one is said to have slight ring marks. Cameraland will stand behind the product. They are as good as it gets. https://cameralandny.com/shop/meopta-meopro-4-5-14x44-target-turrets-z-plex-demo/d9d74250-e5d8-013b-44bf-00163e90e196?variation=3491199&query=Meopta meopro

OP
mobertok

mobertok

FNG
Thanks, I appreciate that. My problem right now is budget. I always like better glass for sure but dang it.