Optic help for lightweight 308 hunting set up

timk311

FNG
Ive been driving myslef crazy trying to decide on a scope.
Looking for something under 30oz and mo more than $2000
Main use hunting, secondary target most likely no more than 800-1000 yds

I prefer SFP in lower power scopes but FFP is fine as long as I can see reticle well enough on low end.
Illumination not required but I prefer center dot if its going to be illuminated.

My choices so far:
NX8 2.5-20X50 F2 mil (SFP) Love the scope, hate the push button illumination, but the F2 mil has the center dot illumination which I like.
Mark 5HD 3.6-18X44 non illuminated, FFP only (prefer the PR-1 MOA) awesome turrets, great weight
Maven RS.5 4-24x50 SFP. havent looked through this one but like the center dot illumination and specs all look good
Looking into the Element Nexus

Was also considering the Trijicon tenmile but I was able to look through the 3-18X50 FFP model and the FOV was terrible and felt I was looking through a ling pipe. Had it next to the Mark 5 and everything about it was much better.
I dont know how the SFP models of the Tenmile and Credo are, but Euro has some great deals on them for under $1000

ChrisAU

WKR
Ive been driving myslef crazy trying to decide on a scope.
Looking for something under 30oz and mo more than $2000
Main use hunting, secondary target most likely no more than 800-1000 yds

I prefer SFP in lower power scopes but FFP is fine as long as I can see reticle well enough on low end.
Illumination not required but I prefer center dot if its going to be illuminated.

My choices so far:
NX8 2.5-20X50 F2 mil (SFP) Love the scope, hate the push button illumination, but the F2 mil has the center dot illumination which I like.
Mark 5HD 3.6-18X44 non illuminated, FFP only (prefer the PR-1 MOA) awesome turrets, great weight
Maven RS.5 4-24x50 SFP. havent looked through this one but like the center dot illumination and specs all look good
Looking into the Element Nexus

Was also considering the Trijicon tenmile but I was able to look through the 3-18X50 FFP model and the FOV was terrible and felt I was looking through a ling pipe. Had it next to the Mark 5 and everything about it was much better.
I dont know how the SFP models of the Tenmile and Credo are, but Euro has some great deals on them for under $1000

They don't make a 3-18x50 FFP Tenmile? The 3-18x44 does have a slightly wider FOV spec than the 3-18x50. I have a 3-18x44 on the way to me right now.

If SFP is ok, the NXS 2.5-10x42 is my favorite hunting scope. The 2.5-10x56 Credo is 2nd.

Southern Lights

Lil-Rokslider
SHV 3-10x42 also can be in the list. Has covered turrets, but if you are taking a longer shot you probably have time to dial. I prefer covered/locking turrets on hunting rifles myself. I run several of them and they are compact, good weight and I trust them absolutely to hold zero.

NXS compact 2.5-10 also an option and has better illumination than newer SHV models. Also has parallax if you really think you'll be doing more LR work (older SHVs have parallax but no illum and is a good used option if you can find one).

OP
T

timk311

FNG
They don't make a 3-18x50 FFP Tenmile? The 3-18x44 does have a slightly wider FOV spec than the 3-18x50. I have a 3-18x44 on the way to me right now.

If SFP is ok, the NXS 2.5-10x42 is my favorite hunting scope. The 2.5-10x56 Credo is 2nd.
Yes,sorry meant the 3-18x44 FFP