Meopta scopes

Smooch

FNG
Looking at a Meopta Optika 6 3-18x50mm. I hear great things about Meopta scopes. Anyone have this particular scope or able to give me any input on them?

Axlrod

WKR
I have the 4.5-27 Optika6. I have had it 4 or 5 years, been used mostly on a varmint rifle. Works as it should, have had no issues. Also have a couple Optika5's One of those had issues out of the box. A turret wouldn't work, sport optics replaced the scope. No problems with the 5's since then.

I just put an Optika 4.5-27 on a bench rifle.
Tracking is excellent, optics are excellent.
Build quality is very good.
I also have a MeoSport 3-15 on a Tikka 300WSM...Very happy with that, as well.
I think they punch way above their price point.

Tl15

Lil-Rokslider
You’d be hard pressed to find better performance in the $600-700 price range, but, the Meoptas are absolute bricks. If having almost 2 pounds sitting up top your rifle is not an issue, I say go for it.

Reed104R

Lil-Rokslider
I have two of the now discontinued Zeiss Conquest 3x9's made by Meopta. Both are fantastic scopes.

I just purchased older Meopta Meopro HTR. Bore sighted it at 25 yards. Went to the range and fired first shot at 25 yards and the shot was 2 inches to the left, adjusted windage dial by 8 clicks to the right and fired again, same hole, adjusted windage dial another 4 clicks to the right fired and same hole, adjusted again by 4 clicks to the right and fired and no change. Then I turned the windage dial all the way to the right as far as it could go and then to the left as far as it could go, then bore sighted it again and fired , this time I was almost on the bullseye. What is the problem with the dial and tracking?

They are boat anchors, but solid scopes with european glass. Great for a bench or a deer stand. If for a mountain rifle, I think you will be flipping it (for something lighter) after 1 hunt.

sdupontjr

WKR
Mine is a 3-18x56 with #4 illuminated dot. For the $$, it's a very nice optic. Couple things I noticed. The objective knob is tight as well as the paralex knob. Which could be a good thing so it isn't easily bumped or changed. They are slightly heavy, I have mine on my Browning Abolt II Medallion 7mag, which is a heavier gun to start with. The illumination has several different settings and the glass does very well in low light situations. I ended buying one after Form did a test of an Optika 6 a while back and put it through the ringer. If that is your budget, you won't be disappointed.

alabamahunt

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve got the meopro 3.5-10x44 it’s exceptionally clear, decent low light but honestly not impressive at the last 10min. Edge to edge clarity 10/10. FOV is not great. I’m looking to get a Swarovski 50mm

Damian48

FNG
I have a the exact meopta in question on a 22lr right now. Also have a Burris veracity on a gas gun. And I have to say between the 2 I prefer the meopta. Yes it’s a little heavy right at 30ish oz. But the glass is clear and doesn’t get too dark at high power. The reticle is a little different on the meopta. Only due to the dot in the center. My meopta is ffp. Too much for a 22 I know especially on a squirrel gun. But I really like the meopta and will definitely be buying more of them

Rafter_K

FNG
i run that exact scope on all 3 of my predator hunting rifles. they track well are crystal clear and have stood up to the beating that hunting rifles tend to endure. In fact one night the set screw backed out of the ball head my rifle was clamped into. The rifle fell to the side and hit directly on the windage turret, I ended up missing a coyote on that stand at only 100 yards. I told the guys i was hunting with that I did not miss and that this gun is off. I put the rifle up for the night and checked zero the next morning, it was off about 6 inches to the right but upon inspection i noticed that the burris rings i was using at the time were bent. Replaced the rings, re zeroed and haven't touch the zero since. That was two years ago. Zero damage done to the scope. At night under a red or warm white light I can easily identify coyotes and bobcats out to 450-500 yards.