Merino Base Layers

COJoe

Lil-Rokslider
I forgot, I also tried the blackovis Keele 200g merino beanie and gloves and I am liking them. I wore them both this past elk hunt at about 15 degrees morning temps and hiked up the mountain and my hands stayed surprisingly warm enough and I'm usually cold. I wear the beanie around on my walks with my dog and I end up taking it off if it gets above 35 degrees. For the Camofire price of $9.99 the beanie was worth the risk and the gloves were a good price too plus I can use the merino gloves inside my Blackovis glommits I bought too. I haven't put them through much abuse though.

CC55

FNG
I have the older version of the First Lite wick 1/4 zip that has done really well. Probably had it 5+ years and it finally got a small tear in it this fall. Quick dry times as well and no funk!

My Kuiu merino has been holding up really well, along with the couple of Stone Glacier merino pieces I have too.

*zap*

WKR
I have purchased plenty of good merino t's on ebay for $15-20. 100% merino and blends. Got some good 1/4 zips for a little more. All name brand stuff. Merino beanie & gaiters are good for on the move in real cold. Wool certainly has its place.