Michigan Bear Hunting

BTT

FNG
Hi everyone,

I am looking to do my first bear hunt in Michigan next fall. I should have enough pints to draw most units in the U.P. Does anyone have a good outfitter they could recommend? Not sure if I will do a full guided hunt or a partial, and have someone bait some spots for me and then I do the work.

Tourguide

Lil-Rokslider
Just hunted with Larry at north store/follow me outfitters, he baited, we hunted. Lots of bears, he is north of Newberry on 407 north

SpookySpectre308

Lil-Rokslider
Hi everyone,

I am looking to do my first bear hunt in Michigan next fall. I should have enough pints to draw most units in the U.P. Does anyone have a good outfitter they could recommend? Not sure if I will do a full guided hunt or a partial, and have someone bait some spots for me and then I do the work.
Just started applying last year since I own property up there. May I ask how many points you accumulated? That Newberry unit is nuts! But of course that's where my place is. Hopefully the amount of private land we have is enough to shelter them somewhat. I hear of guys needing 12 and 13 points for first week.

OP
B

BTT

FNG
Just hunted with Larry at north store/follow me outfitters, he baited, we hunted. Lots of bears, he is north of Newberry on 407 north
Thanks for the suggestion, I am looking to hunt over bait with my bow so that would work!

OP
B

BTT

FNG
Just started applying last year since I own property up there. May I ask how many points you accumulated? That Newberry unit is nuts! But of course that's where my place is. Hopefully the amount of private land we have is enough to shelter them somewhat. I hear of guys needing 12 and 13 points for first week.
I've got 3 points right now. I've talked to a couple guys that have been able to draw the 2nd or 3rd season on their first time applying. Do you know if there is a big difference in getting the first hunt period?

SpookySpectre308

Lil-Rokslider
I think it's really going to depend on the surrounding area. With my place being surrounded by private and knowing most of my neighbors I can be reasonably sure there are no hunters running dogs. If the bears in your area are pressured by dogs I think it will make a significant difference.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk