Micro adjustments on rest

Been using a pro v for many years and it’s rock solid.Looking at new rests for a bow rebuild and curious what you think about the micro adjustments now available on the gen 7x.
I know it’s definitely not needed and could be more areas of failure but is it worth it.My mbg pro has all the adjustments but I’ve never had to mess with a rest much.

i like micro adjust ability for fine tuning bare shaft flight and staying within spec. however if i was gonna go that route and get a new rest id do the epsilon i had a limb driver pro v for a while and when i switched rests i gained 2fps of speed i attribute that to the way rest drops forward instead of to the side i think the hamskea is just a touch more efficient. not that youll ever notice 2 fps at all. but i prefer the hamskea now and wont go back

I don't believe that having a micro adjust makes a rest more prone to failure. The lock down screws are still the same they just have an extra micro adjustment knob.

Having micro isn't necessary, you're right, but it does make tuning a heck of a lot easier. Not having to worry about the rest moving unexpectedly while tuning is worth it for me, but I also tune a lot more than others because I change arrows a lot.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Big fan of micro tune, especially with clicks and marks so I can write down how much I moved it, and which direction for when my dumbass does something backwards.

Bonus points when they have an arrow that tells you which way it moves for direction you turn.

Bonus points when they have an arrow that tells you which way it moves for direction you turn.

This. Adding direction of movement on the micro knobs is the only thing I can think of to improve on the Epsilon after hamskea came out with the cord clamp lever arm to ditch the football clamp.

Micro adjust for sure. Its so much easier counting clicks back and forth getting dialed than bumping it one way or another and hoping, and that goes for rests and sights. As far as failure, the way the rest locks doesnt change whether its micro or non micro, I dont think your more prone to failure with either.

Last edited:
I sit a prov for a long time big fan of it the new upgrades to the pro vx. I have had 0 issues with the micro adjustment parts I just snug them done when I’m done tuning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
C
I give it a go,I was leaning towards a Hamskea and they recommended the trinity for my older solo cam instead of the epsolon.I think I’m going to stick with a vaportrail just because I have had exceptional experience with mine,it’s actually not going anywhere as it’s my primary hunting bow .
Price isn’t a factor but I can find a vapor trail about half the price and dont see the reason to spend more.
Thanks