Mid Asian Ibex hunt in Kyrgyzstan

aussiehunter

Lil-Rokslider
This dream started at a young age when i laid my yes on an Alpine Ibex back home in Serbia that a close family friend of ours had harvested and brought back home from Austria. Since that day those images have been in my head and wondering if i will ever lay my hands on those horns.

The day is here i finally have the finances in order for a dream to come true. Not an Alpine ibex but a Mid Asian Ibex in Kyrgyzstan as in order to get an alpine i will need a second home mortgage hahahahaha.

I am writing this in hopes to find like minded people who would be considering such a trip to the top of the world. If this sounds like you please message me i can send you all the details.

Also would like to show appreciation to of all of the people that replied back to my messages on here about hunting ibex in Kyrgyzstan and all of their recommendations. From their knowledge and recommendations i stumbled across an amazing outfitter who's references all say one thing " Do not hesitate to book with them as if you do not i will be booking again" Words that make it all sweeter as you know you have come across a great outfitter. Thank you guys

Once again if you are willing to make your dreams come true just message me so we can get the ball rolling and hopefully share some vodka ( i mean orange juice ) on top of the world

tracker12

WKR
I was fortunate enough to hunt Ibex in Mongolia several years ago. It was an awesome hunt and I took a great goat with 43" horns. I would love to do it again in another country but have other species on the burner.

OP
A

aussiehunter

Lil-Rokslider
Mongolia is a dream with Altai and Gobi ibex. Kyrgyzstan seems to have the most bang for buck same as Kazakhstan. No doubt you will get another one plenty countries to choose from. Pakistan looks appealing for Himalayan Ibex

Thunder head

Lil-Rokslider
I did this hunt last year.
If you remove the complications of travel and no baggage, I had an absolute blast.

I would advise you to carry a backpack as your carry on. Have one complete set of hunting clothes in it. Either wear your boots or tie them to your pack. A last minute decision to reduce the weight of my checked bags helped divert disaster.

OP
A

aussiehunter

Lil-Rokslider
I did this hunt last year.
If you remove the complications of travel and no baggage, I had an absolute blast.

I would advise you to carry a backpack as your carry on. Have one complete set of hunting clothes in it. Either wear your boots or tie them to your pack. A last minute decision to reduce the weight of my checked bags helped divert disaster.

Amazing would love to hear more about the trip when you have spare time.

I was always intending to take my backpack as a carry on with things that i could do the hunt with if my checked in was missing and would be wearing the boots i intend to hunt in... Would check in a large duffle bag with rest of gear and and pay extra bag fees as i will bring the trophy with me.