Midway USA Customer Service

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I don’t buy from companies that advertise free shipping then charge an arm and a leg for shipping to Alaska.

I’ve also had them throw boxes of bullets in shipping boxes that are entirely too big causing the bullet boxes to bounce sound and break open. Seems like even a high school dropout in the shipping department could figure that one out.

I've always had great CS with midway, and for that matter Optics planet has always sent me the right stuff and timely. When I've had a question or a grievance both have handled it as good as could be expected.....

Remember the good ol' days when their products shipped free?

Used to ship free, and then also no sales tax. Now I pay a hefty amount of both and don't shop there anymore.

I don't get how some businesses ship to me out of state with no sales tax and some don't. I get it's the law and all that. Maybe the ones that don't just deduct the sales tax from the sales price when they settle up with the state? Or they not in compliance.

KurtR

WKR
1548642000662-png.7013019

Sorry you had a bad experience, so far I've had great CS from them.
It seems like the free shipping went away at the same time they added the Brand Ambassadors, got to pay for them somehow.

Sorry you had a bad experience, so far I've had great CS from them.
It seems like the free shipping went away at the same time they added the Brand Ambassadors, got to pay for them somehow.
I ordered a pair of hiking boots from them last week and it was free shipping.

Bluefish

WKR
I have an order from them stuck in usps land. Called today after 6 days and the CS person said at 9 days I can request a reship or refund. Will see how that goes.

EdP

WKR
I can’t say I’ve ever had a bad experience with a screwed up order from midway. Have called them to get some insight on a product, and they were absolutely clueless. Turned out fine, but their own people don’t use their products.

I also have never had a problem with a Midway order and I appreciate how fast items get processed out the door. If I am willing to wait for something to ship out after several days, Brownell's shipping is less expensive, but Midway is FAST.

What large volume vendor has a bunch of employees that are users of the products they sell? Midway sells thousands of different products. No way can any vendor have people available that use all those products. Midway's specialty is getting the ordered product into the shipper's hands as fast as possible. I don't think that skill set is particularly aligned with being in the outdoors testing equipment all the time.

I also have never had a problem with a Midway order and I appreciate how fast items get processed out the door. If I am willing to wait for something to ship out after several days, Brownell's shipping is less expensive, but Midway is FAST.

What large volume vendor has a bunch of employees that are users of the products they sell? Midway sells thousands of different products. No way can any vendor have people available that use all those products. Midway's specialty is getting the ordered product into the shipper's hands as fast as possible. I don't think that skill set is particularly aligned with being in the outdoors testing equipment all the time.
I had a question about midways own brand, and couldn’t get an answer. That was my gripe. And not that it was a gripe, just had some questions and no one had an answer.

Can you imagine what’s it’s like dealing with an entitled public? There are so many people abusing retail returns today, you can’t expect the person on the other end of the line to be a robot. They deduct who they are dealing with and move forward. They can’t be right all the time.

I understand the frustration when they aren’t. But, I also understand that I may be mistaken for those abusers sometimes. Often, a detailed discussion with manners fixes any issues with any large retailer. If it doesn’t, I’m done with them.

Nicaburns

Lil-Rokslider
I've had similar experience... they once sent me an 8" pistol barrel rather than a 16" rifle barrel and said I had to pay return shipping if I wanted a refund. Their explanation was that they had sent it to me via USPS and they could not send a USPS return shipping label so it was my responsibility to pay... they also said they would charge a restocking fee since their system showed they had sent me the right part. I tried to go up the chain of command and even sent a letter to Larry Potterfield. No Luck... wound up having to sell the pistol barrel on my own to recoup funds.

I had a similar experience with midway today. Last week I ordered a Hornady auto charge pro that was on backorder but on sale for $280. This morning I got an email saying my order was being canceled. So I called them to ask and they said they had tried to contact me but I had not responded to them in the last 48 hours. I checked my email (both inbox and junk) and found no emails from them other than my confirmation. I also had no calls or voicemails. Called them back and explained to them, and they told me there was nothing they could do. I could reorder for the regular list price but couldn’t get the sale price.

Sounded to me like they didn’t mean to post the sales price and we’re trying to get out of it. Instead I went over to Natchez shooter supply to order one for the same price. Not sure I will be ordering anything from midway again.

Weldor

WKR
I use them regularly, only had one issue. They had Hanwag boots on sale, ordered a pair. Got a email about a week later saying no boots? Ask why they did not tell me when I ordered them. Crickets.

MattB

WKR
I have bought from them tens of times and don’t recall ever having to use CS. Great company IMO.

NNK-Hokie

FNG
I've had no issues with Midway myself, although I haven't ordered a ton from them. Always happy with their fast shipping and competitive prices. Have never had to contact customer service, however.