Misfire, the book about the NRA

Kenn

Lil-Rokslider
There’s going to be a group that claims the book is liberal propaganda, but it’s not. There are insiders expressing their frustration at the gross waste of funds (including Ollie North). There is no anti-gun rhetoric but I guarantee you’ll be pissed, especially if you’ve made a donation after one of their calls for help.

2531usmc

WKR
It certainly appears that the NRA turned it’s back on supporting the 2nd amendment and focused on raising money for it’s own benefit. Virtually all of the recent court and legal fights have been carried forward by organizations other than the NRA.

LaPierre put the organization in jeopardy and I’m not sure how they will survive the New York criminal charges

Rich M

WKR
NRA has indeed gone pretty quiet.

I suggest that you view the book with an eye that people are and have been trying to destroy the NRA and will then come after your guns. Only a true dumbass will not acknowledge that.

use the tools in your tool box. Don’t like NRA, fine but don’t attack em cause that’s what the left does.

so, relax and keep your eyes on the enemy. if not, we’re gonna have real problems in the future without that 800# gorilla on our side. Some folks are clueless and think all this stuff is not inter-related.

I’d rather not kill the group that has had my back for like 150 years. I’m not familiar with any of the little groups I’ve not heard of. If Biden is afraid of NRA, we still have a chance.

A dumb ass might be the guy who has a pre-conceived notion of a book he hasn’t read, but still thinks he’s qualified to explain the motivation behind it.

Coming in throwing stones on something that is eventually going to get locked isn't the best tactic either.

Name calling gets stuff shut down quickly. Want to have at least a somewhat intelligent conversation about something, act like it.

Just saying, you weren't the first to use it, but it will go off course quickly when you continue it.

Okhotnik

WKR
A dumb ass might be the guy who has a pre-conceived notion of a book he hasn’t read, but still thinks he’s qualified to explain the motivation behind it.
:ROFLMAO:

ok doctor

I think you complained on here in the past about seeing political threads on a hunting forum then repeatedly post left wing politically slanted posts, including this one.

The book was written by a self admitted anti gun journalist at the ridiculously biased far left wing NPR which has zero credibility.

pretty funny

All NRA members agree that they should clean house starting with the corrupt Lapierre

Last edited:

11boo

WKR
There’s going to be a group that claims the book is liberal propaganda, but it’s not. There are insiders expressing their frustration at the gross waste of funds (including Ollie North). There is no anti-gun rhetoric but I guarantee you’ll be pissed, especially if you’ve made a donation after one of their calls for help.
I do not agree with everything going on with the NRA leadership. I am still a member, as well as a member of a few other orgs fighting the lefts attempt to trample the second.
WLP and most of the senior staff need to go. In the meantime there are plenty of good organizations that fight for YOUR rights.

What exactly are you trying to tell us Kenn? You would have to have been living under a rock to not know what has been going on with the NRA.

OP
K

Kenn

Lil-Rokslider
I do not agree with everything going on with the NRA leadership. I am still a member, as well as a member of a few other orgs fighting the lefts attempt to trample the second.
WLP and most of the senior staff need to go. In the meantime there are plenty of good organizations that fight for YOUR rights.

What exactly are you trying to tell us Kenn? You would have to have been living under a rock to not know what has been going on with the NRA.
I knew that things were not good with the NRA, that was no secret, but I didn't know how bad. WLP making 2 million? That's fine, but does he need to to charge $200,000+ in clothes to the ad agency so they can bill the NRA so no one will notice? Does he need to have the NRA pay for a private jet to shuttle he and his family and friends around for free? Tens of millions of dollars were wasted there each year on nothing but fraud. I don't care if it's the Red Cross, my church, or Goodwill, if I'm being scammed I want to know it. I'm saying that the book reveals far more fraud than I think anyone realized was occurring. I recommend reading it and drawing your own conclusions. Some people seem to think that the NRA is sacred and we shouldn't question it. I hope it survives - but without any of the current management.

BigPrince

FNG
As an NRA life member I have and will continue to vote for only new blood until Wayne and the rest of the corruption is gone. If you are a life member I recommend the same. They will not get another dime from me with WLP there.

As for the book - I won't financially support that author. If you're interested in his reporting focus -

I'm an NRA member and will keep my membership current. I enjoy myself when they call me, I always stop the caller and explain that they will not receive a single additional penny from me (beyond my membership fee) as long as WLP is still with the organization. I ask them if they understand what I just told them and if they feel like we need to continue our conversation and 75% of the time, they tell me thank you and have a nice day.

The_Jim

Lil-Rokslider
Its disgusting what WLP did to the NRA. He basically has it set up so the board cannot remove him. I would love to become a member again but I will never give them a dime until there is some major reforms.

I make sure I tell them every time they call me asking for money too. I hope a lot of other people do the same.

Actual_Cryptid

Lil-Rokslider
NRA has indeed gone pretty quiet.

I suggest that you view the book with an eye that people are and have been trying to destroy the NRA and will then come after your guns. Only a true dumbass will not acknowledge that.

use the tools in your tool box. Don’t like NRA, fine but don’t attack em cause that’s what the left does.

so, relax and keep your eyes on the enemy. if not, we’re gonna have real problems in the future without that 800# gorilla on our side. Some folks are clueless and think all this stuff is not inter-related.

I’d rather not kill the group that has had my back for like 150 years. I’m not familiar with any of the little groups I’ve not heard of. If Biden is afraid of NRA, we still have a chance.
"Don't attack the NRA because that's what the anti-gunners do" is a bad strategy. The NRA is corrupt and has been for decades. The NRA doesn't spend nearly as much effort on gun rights as it does trying to convince gun owners to join the GOP and support candidates who support taking the guns first and due process second, the Mulford Act (supported by the NRA) and then going silent when a cop murders a gun owner like Philando Castile.

To me, an organization is worth supporting or attacking on it's own merits. "I'm under attack by people you don't like so you should support me to attack them" is the strategy that racketeers and grifters employ. That's why all the radio hucksters use it, that's why every pastor that gets caught stealing from the collection plate declares the fraud investigation a satanic attack.

Absolute criminal Ollie North and Ted "Wrote a bunch of songs about underage girls and talked on Behind the Music about repeated affairs with underage girls" Nugent being involved with the NRA would be enough to consider them a poison pill even without their record.

Rich M

WKR
Always been attacks on the NRA and it’s historically been anti gun folks. Now we have pro gun guys turning on their own.

Simple and profound thought: how about you try to replace the NRA before you destroy them? 5 million members..,

We’re always one shooting away from possible disarmament.

CorbLand

WKR
Always been attacks on the NRA and it’s historically been anti gun folks. Now we have pro gun guys turning on their own.

Simple and profound thought: how about you try to replace the NRA before you destroy them? 5 million members..,

Why not turn your back on them? If you keep giving them money, they have no reason to change. I dont go to a store, purchase something then walk out without it and keep going back.

With that, I leave

Actual_Cryptid

Lil-Rokslider

There are several other organizations vying to replace the NRA and have been for decades. NAGR, FPC, JPFO, even smaller groups like the Pink Pistols.
There's hunting and outdoors advocacy groups that don't try to just act as a GOP recruiting tool as well.

"Keep giving us money no matter how corrupt we are, we're the only hope" has been an NRA lie as long as I've been alive. They're not the only game in town, they're not terribly effective, and as long as they keep operating to try to make firearms ownership into a plank of the fringe right and nothing else they're actively chasing away allies because it's profitable.

Wayne LaPierre is a part of the NRA because the NRA is an organization that exists for people like Wayne LaPierre.