Mississippi pot roast = damn!

I will have to try it this way.
I have been making Italian beef (as others have said) that is very similar and a little more simple.

A pack of Italian au jus (see pic)
6 peperoncini (more or less to taste)
Half jar of pepper juice
A can of beer

The beer is optional but I like to have it in there. We were gifted a ninja foodi for Christmas and use the pressure cook function to make it.
I put Chuck roast in frozen and its fork tender in 2 hours

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210311-073135.jpg
    Screenshot_20210311-073135.jpg
    213.4 KB · Views: 21
OP
Desk Jockey
So I finally had a problem - foot fault really - with this recipe. I made a batch of the standard (ranch and onion soup, pepperincis and meat. I used two white tail blade roasts and about halfway thru I deboned them and returned the meat to the pot. After cooking for a few more hours I tried it and it is good but over seasoned. I used seasoning based on the bone in weight and I should have taken into account the weight of the bones (about 25%) and should have used less seasoning. It isn’t bad, but the flavor of the gravy is intense and it is salty. I will end up cutting it with some cream or water and it will be fine.

so…be careful to not over season. If in doubt, hold back a portion of the ranch and onion soup mix and add it based on taste later in the cooking process.

still loving this stuff wit potatoes or rice and on sandwiches.

My wife makes this with chicken. One of our favs.
Will try with venison. Sounds great!!