MKC knife question

Anyone have experience with these knives?
I really want a magnacut blade, but debating between the speedgoat and the Blackfoot 2.0. My use for it is going to be primarily elk deer and black ear hunting. I usually debone meat as I’m usually backpacked in. My only hesitation with the speedgoat is with the para cord handle. Any feedback would be welcomed!
Cheers

banded_drake

Lil-Rokslider
I have a speedgoat and a triumph. The speedgoat skinned and deboned an elk in the woods this year with only a couple of quick touch ups on the stone. Both knives also did several deer this past year and held an edge very well. These are the only "high end" knives that I own, I carry a case pocket knife and an edge knife, and neither come close to the MKC. Give one a shot, I don't think you'll be disappointed

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

WyoHuntr

FNG
A super sharp thin-bladed knife is not going to put much pressure on your hand. I've run a lot of similar knives with paracord on the handle, and it is adequate until it gets really dull. I just wish he'd do an ultralight sheath like Rainier Knives, (that dude nailed it). I bought his Speedgoat, but I'm going to do my own sheath, since the MKC sheath weighs more than the knife!

SwiftShot

WKR
The cord can be replaced if it gets nasty. It will probably not be the most comfortable in your hand, but you are not going to using it for hours. It is lightweight.

Granted I'm not trying to do multiple animals with one knife.
But I do entire elk with a cheap buck knife with no touch ups.
What am I missing that everyone needs to touch up this high end steel mid animal?

Bruce Culberson

Lil-Rokslider
Granted I'm not trying to do multiple animals with one knife.
But I do entire elk with a cheap buck knife with no touch ups.
What am I missing that everyone needs to touch up this high end steel mid animal?
The high end steel knife would do the entire animal too (if the steel was heat treated properly). Personally I find it easier to keep a knife's edge sharp rather than let it get dull then have to hone it back to sharp again. Plus a screaming sharp edge just cut with less effort than one that has dulled a little but still cuts. When processing a big animal (moose/elk) a few quick swipes on a diamond stone does the trick.

The high end steel knife would do the entire animal too (if the steel was heat treated properly). Personally I find it easier to keep a knife's edge sharp rather than let it get dull then have to hone it back to sharp again. Plus a screaming sharp edge just cut with less effort than one that has dulled a little but still cuts. When processing a big animal (moose/elk) a few quick swipes on a diamond stone does the trick.
Hmm
If ever only had one animal that I thought my knife was fighting me at the end.
Other then that it just typically hasn't been a problem.
And I consider myself a hacker.
Guess I'll never know what I'm missing 😆