MLB postseason and World Series

Born and raised a Yankees fan. I would love to see them grab #28. That being said, the dang Red Sux have been freaking ridiculous this year. The Yankees have the 2nd best record in baseball, but are still 9.5 out of 1st!!

I am going to predict a Red Sox/Cardinals WS. Red Sox in 6. And it pains me to say that.

Squirrels

WKR
Born and raised a Yankees fan. I would love to see them grab #28. That being said, the dang Red Sux have been freaking ridiculous this year. The Yankees have the 2nd best record in baseball, but are still 9.5 out of 1st!!

I am going to predict a Red Sox/Cardinals WS. Red Sox in 6. And it pains me to say that.

I hope you are correct except I hope that the other team you mentioned wins the clinching game. We have not faired well against the Sox’s in the WS as of recent. O for 2 in the last two attempts and they made quick work of it on both occasions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scott/IL

Lil-Rokslider
Cardinals here!

Getting rid of Matheny was long overdue, and they’ve responded well. It’s hard to beat October baseball!!!

Until the Sonics return to Seattle the Mariners are dead to me. Just like Starbucks!

So now I'm a Nats fan. And when the Nats win a World Series it will be official-the Mariners are the worst run franchise in all of professional sports!

OP
Travis Bertrand

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
As a Mariners fan, can I ask you guys to knock off whatever you started doing this month? I'd love to see an end to our playoff drought and if the A's keep it up its gonna be hard.

Haha. We went on a good stretch of winning when Houston and Seattle went on a bad stretch of losing. Stars aligned.

sndmn11

WKR
It should be a good one. Two of the better hitting home run teams in the NL.

We went to the game tonight and it was a lot of fun. Baseball is neat because you can see something you have never seen before and that happened tonight. I think the Rox lost tonight's game, the Cards will win one, and the Rox will win one. There is a definite distinction and I think the Rox "lost" too many games to be serious contenders. Houston and Arizona.

weedwacker42

Lil-Rokslider
Go Cubs Go! Believe it or not, I'm one of the few Cubs fans that isn't completely anti-Cardinal. Growing up in West Central IL my mom's side of the family was all Cards, my dad's all Cubs. I sat the fence until the great McGwire-Sosa HR race that saved baseball. Cards are playing good baseball for sure. Give Wong his gold glove too. Should be a fun fall!

Squirrels

WKR
Go Cubs Go! Believe it or not, I'm one of the few Cubs fans that isn't completely anti-Cardinal. Growing up in West Central IL my mom's side of the family was all Cards, my dad's all Cubs. I sat the fence until the great McGwire-Sosa HR race that saved baseball. Cards are playing good baseball for sure. Give Wong his gold glove too. Should be a fun fall!

99c955d1f862023e3d115f39461b0588.jpg

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I haven't watched MLB since the 90's. I stopped watching the NBA in the 80's, have never watched the NHL, and the NFL will soon follow. I watch March Madness and college football, and that's it for sports these days. But if they decide to start paying the college players, I'm out of those games as well.

It's funny when I see scores scroll by and something like "Pelicans" pops up. Who the heck are the Pelicans? And seems to be a bunch of those new ones in sports these day.

Beendare

WKR
I haven't watched MLB since the 90's. I stopped watching the NBA in the 80's, have never watched the NHL, and the NFL will soon follow. I watch March Madness and college football, and that's it for sports these days. But if they decide to start paying the college players, I'm out of those games as well.

It's funny when I see scores scroll by and something like "Pelicans" pops up. Who the heck are the Pelicans? And seems to be a bunch of those new ones in sports these day.

My prescription for your grumpiness;
Take your girls to a Rockies game on a beautiful fall day....have a couple of Brats with a [cheap/ grin] cold beer....and the world will be right with you again!

Born & bred a Braves fan. Hoping we keep up our run and win the NL East, WS unlikely but would be amazing for our young team.

Beendare

WKR
Its interesting to see the formula that is working in the MLB right now.

The Giants used to compete with great starting pitching and good defense....no more. These teams that come in and hit a couple homers a game kill you.

The A's are doing it with young scrappy guys, timely hitting, homers and a lights out bull pen. Just look at the games they have won in the 7th or later- crazy.

I haven't been following the Red Socks....how are they doing it? I do admire teams like the Cubs and Astros....some good baseball.

It just breaks my heart that the Yankees can't buy themselves a championship again this year......NOT! I'm loving that......

I automatically get into a better mood this time of year. Elk hunt in a week and a half, my Cubs are going to the World Series where they will beat the Red Sox in 6. We will be going with a 4 man rotation that includes our new ace Cole Hamels, and our lineup is big trouble for our adversaries. I’m equally stoked to get college football going though 🤙

sndmn11

WKR
I automatically get into a better mood this time of year. Elk hunt in a week and a half, my Cubs are going to the World Series where they will beat the Red Sox in 6. We will be going with a 4 man rotation that includes our new ace Cole Hamels, and our lineup is big trouble for our adversaries. I’m equally stoked to get college football going though 🤙

How well did Hamels being the ace in Texas work out for them?

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
My prescription for your grumpiness;
Take your girls to a Rockies game on a beautiful fall day....have a couple of Brats with a [cheap/ grin] cold beer....and the world will be right with you again!

If I took my girls to a game, then they'd be grumpy.;)

How could I be grumpy? It's college football season.......and elk season.