MO Ozarks Rok Rally & Turkey Hunt

Pilgrim

Lil-Rokslider
MO Ozarks Rok Rally & Turkey Hunt

A few MO Rok guys and I hit up Paddy Creek Wilderness a few weeks ago for a couple days / nights of training. I think we were all agreeable that we want to do some turkey hunting there. It's gonna be three, maybe four days (2-3 nights) and looking like one of the last two weekends of season, which are the first two weekends in May.

4a47c4843832d440f7604abbc38e2de9.jpg

There are several places with plenty of room to car / base camp if you prefer, but I and a few others plan to bivy in a few miles or so. We had a pimp cook out last year, so we might do that on the first night at the campground, just an idea / possibility. I have a few links and files I'll add to the thread later and will post up dates after some conversation.

Last edited:
OP
Pilgrim

Pilgrim

Lil-Rokslider
I had Office Depot print / laminate this topo in 11X17 for me. Cost me less than $5.

MOcluck

Lil-Rokslider
Sounds like a good time, last year was a blast as long as there is no creeks to cross maybe Pilgrim and I can hunt together.

OP
Pilgrim

Pilgrim

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah... I should've just swam across after you dumped the canoe! That was pretty funny. Good times man. It was cool that none of us knew each other before then. Pretty good group of guys to run with!

Sounds good to me. Had a great time a few weeks ago even though I thought I was going to turn into a block of ice. Ordering a new sac this week.

MOcluck

Lil-Rokslider
I don't know what everybody else has in mind but the first or last weekend works best for me.

OP
Pilgrim

Pilgrim

Lil-Rokslider
River Rat expressed first weekend as well. I initially steered toward later season b/c Joe was gonna try to come out. That's looking less and less likely for him. So, so far, we have the most interest in opening weekend: Sat./Sun. 25/26 Apr. I can take a day off on either side, maybe two.

I'll check out the specs on it River Rat and let you know. I'll check on the first weekend and see if it's booked.

OP
Pilgrim

Pilgrim

Lil-Rokslider
Sounds good man. Let me know what you're up to. When does your time off start?

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
Is that the area just south of post? If so I'm only an hour from there so unless I'm stuck working 12s I'll at least pop down for a bit if I can't do all weekend.

OP
Pilgrim

Pilgrim

Lil-Rokslider
Paddy Creek Wilderness is indeed on the south side of Ft. Lost-in-the-Woods. We could hear the range when we were there a month ago. Drill weekend... "time to play Army guys!"

Jdog

WKR
I'm not a big turkey hunter but I may come over for this. Might be up for doing the 17 mile hike.

I currently live in O'Fallon, IL.

I am game for getting together to do some camping and ATV'ng as well. Always good to connect with solid hunters.

J

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm not a big turkey hunter but I may come over for this. Might be up for doing the 17 mile hike.

I currently live in O'Fallon, IL.

I am game for getting together to do some camping and ATV'ng as well. Always good to connect with solid hunters.

J
Cool as long as you're not gonna cry about nobody selling tall cut clothing the whole time. :)