mono metal bullets and stability

OP
Oncorhynchus.nerka
Last week there was a big drop of reloader powder but it was short lived. I see more alliant, hodgdon, ramshot and imr available than others. I'd look for some h4350 online.
Shoot, I have been looking for reloader and am sorry that I did not see it come through. I have also been on the lookout for H4350. One of these days I will find some.

Sled

WKR
Shoot, I have been looking for reloader and am sorry that I did not see it come through. I have also been on the lookout for H4350. One of these days I will find some.

I see h4350 a couple times each week online. You need to be quick and check often. Discord is an app that helps find in stock supplies

OP
Oncorhynchus.nerka
I see h4350 a couple times each week online. You need to be quick and check often. Discord is an app that helps find in stock supplies
Thank you! I have been checking Midway and Natchez once or twice per week for a while now and have not found any. This is the first I have heard of Discord. I will look into this.

Sled

WKR
Thank you! I have been checking Midway and Natchez once or twice per week for a while now and have not found any. This is the first I have heard of Discord. I will look into this.

Check powder valley, setup an account and be familiar with the checkout process. You have 20min to checkout after you get an item in your cart. There are rules with how much you can purchase a month and in one sale. 5lb of 1lb cans per powder type and 1 jug of an 8lb of powder type. Be prepared to be quick with the refresh button. Once a powder is listed it goes through an instock/unavailable loop as people add them to cart and then miss the checkout timeout. Most don't like the shipping costs. You'll have about $40 of shipping/hazmat but it's still cheaper than the other websites.

SouthPaw

WKR
My 270 likes the 117 hammer a lot better than the 124. I do my load development at only a few hundred feet elevation, though. I ended up .020 off the lands with the 117 at 3310fps using H4350.

Put it in the vitals and it will kill elk. That said, the only reason I worked up this load and would use a mono is for CA requirement.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

waldo9190

Lil-Rokslider
My T3-SS 270 shoots itty-bitty groups (5-shot) with the 130 TTSX and Ramshot Hunter. No stability issues for me out to 400 yards, as that is as far as I've stretched that load.

I too have heard good things on Hammers, and am trying them now. However I have a 270 that shoots 129 LRX and 130 TSX very well with standard old IMR 4831 powders, so I definitely wouldn't shy away from Barnes.

OP
Oncorhynchus.nerka
My 270 likes the 117 hammer a lot better than the 124. I do my load development at only a few hundred feet elevation, though. I ended up .020 off the lands with the 117 at 3310fps using H4350.

Put it in the vitals and it will kill elk. That said, the only reason I worked up this load and would use a mono is for CA requirement.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Thanks for the report!

OP
Oncorhynchus.nerka
My T3-SS 270 shoots itty-bitty groups (5-shot) with the 130 TTSX and Ramshot Hunter. No stability issues for me out to 400 yards, as that is as far as I've stretched that load.
Out of curiosity, could you please tell me a bit more about your load? Ex seating depths, amount of powder, and your obtained velocity?

Jhy

FNG
My CA messa 308 which has a 1:10 twist likes the 130 grain Barnes vortex TTSX. I’m not going to argue with the gun about its twist rate and what it should like…

waldo9190

Lil-Rokslider
Out of curiosity, could you please tell me a bit more about your load? Ex seating depths, amount of powder, and your obtained velocity?
Brass: Starline
Primer: CCI 200
COAL: 3.313"
CBTO: 2.752"
Powder: 56.7 Grains RS Hunter

Never ran it through a chrono but based on drop data (assuming BC is correct) it is 3075-3100 fps, which will do everything I ever ask of that rifle. Anything potentially past 400 gets handled by another rifle (7RM).

OP
Oncorhynchus.nerka
Brass: Starline
Primer: CCI 200
COAL: 3.313"
CBTO: 2.752"
Powder: 56.7 Grains RS Hunter

Never ran it through a chrono but based on drop data (assuming BC is correct) it is 3075-3100 fps, which will do everything I ever ask of that rifle. Anything potentially past 400 gets handled by another rifle (7RM).
Thanks for the info!