Montana Mountain Lion

treillw

WKR
Any recommendations on a guide with dogs for hunting lions in MT? Good experiences? Bad experiences?

Beyond google, this is my best place to start researching.

Thanks!

B23

WKR
Any recommendations on a guide with dogs for hunting lions in MT? Good experiences? Bad experiences?

Beyond google, this is my best place to start researching.

Thanks!
I don't have any first hand knowledge of Bearpaw but everything I've heard about them has been positive and he also owns the hunt washington forum. I've talked to him through PM's over on hunt wa and he was always great to communicate with and if he can't directly help you I bet he'll be able to hook you up with a good outfitter that can. https://www.bearpawoutfitters.com/

OP
treillw

treillw

WKR
Do you have a budget and HD in mind?
I don't want to spend a ton, but would like to get a cat.

Don't need lodging etc, just somebody to chase down the cat.

HD doesn't matter.

406life

Lil-Rokslider
I don't want to spend a ton, but would like to get a cat.

Don't need lodging etc, just somebody to chase down the cat.

HD doesn't matter.
You could do an outfitted hunt, but you'll likely spend quite a bit. If you are looking to minimize the cost, I'd suggest reaching out to a local houndsmen and buying him a beer. Many of them just like to work the dogs and show people cats. They may not be able to get you in this fall, but they may have hunts you can follow along. Be careful you don't cross the line into trading for a hunt or being guided by an unlicensed guide.

OP
treillw

treillw

WKR
You could do an outfitted hunt, but you'll likely spend quite a bit. If you are looking to minimize the cost, I'd suggest reaching out to a local houndsmen and buying him a beer. Many of them just like to work the dogs and show people cats. They may not be able to get you in this fall, but they may have hunts you can follow along. Be careful you don't cross the line into trading for a hunt or being guided by an unlicensed guide.
So besides driving around knocking on doors, how does one find local houndsmen?

Buzzy73

FNG

Good Outfit, he has the resources, knowledge and equipment.

In Montana non residents must be outfitted for Lions or obtain a nonresident hound handler license by drawing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

insane1

FNG
So besides driving around knocking on doors, how does one find local houndsmen?
Watch for the dog boxes.... What part of mt are u in??

Couple of the kitties from this year over my hounds..

Attachments

• KIMG1646.JPG
    KIMG1646.JPG
    391 KB · Views: 33
  • KIMG1246.JPG
    KIMG1246.JPG
    301.2 KB · Views: 33

insane1

FNG
I would also recommend Justin ... My pup Bandit came out of a litter of his... Proud to call him a good friend.. he'll get you your cat..

GKWMontana

Lil-Rokslider
Montana Mountain Lion Adventures. Whitehall, MT. Nobody is better. He lives for hunting lions.