Montana Record Rams

Gumbo

WKR
OK. I buy licenses in MT, my apologies for the wrong word. Now then, where do you stand on your crew “losing” these rams in the freezer?

Where do you stand on your crew shooting a B&C ram to try to frame John Lewton for unlicensed guiding?

My last comment on this will be that an agency is made up of individuals. Mistakes are inevitably made and judgement calls aren't always perfect. To err is human. I don't know the specifics of the rams in the freezer, and I wasn't there when the B&C ram was shot. I do know that FWP is made up of some incredibly thoughtful, intelligent, professional individuals who care a great deal about the resources they are entrusted to manage.

My last comment on this will be that an agency is made up of individuals. Mistakes are inevitably made and judgement calls aren't always perfect. To err is human. I don't know the specifics of the rams in the freezer, and I wasn't there when the B&C ram was shot. I do know that FWP is made up of some incredibly thoughtful, intelligent, professional individuals who care a great deal about the resources they are entrusted to manage.
I wonder why that "to err is human" defense didn't work for the guy in the article below? The only lesson that the Montana G&F taught this guy was to keep your mouth shut.

MT hunter fined $32,000 for illegal take of two bighorns | goHUNT

Just my 2 cents and worth the price charged.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"

Yes, but there are many agencies (federal, state, and local) that as a whole have lost their way......just look at the FBI. Sure, there are good individuals......but when they all operate under the same umbrella of the agency, it all gets lumped together.

I worked for a Federal agency in management and I quit (gave up my guaranteed federal position and paycheck) because I didn't agree with their overall philosophies of what they were even doing.

MtGomer

WKR

The list of things wrong with your employer could be a thread if it’s own.
There are FWP Wardens and Biologists that are probably some of the best in the business but the administration and the manner Wildlife is ‘managed’ is a joke. It is indefensible.

COSA

Lil-Rokslider
Montana FWP actually manages the wildlife resource? Seems like their crippling the resource for deer & elk (general tags through the end of Nov, Elk Shoulder seasons into Feb, etc.)