Montana Rifle Co. Junction 308Win Field Evaluation

Wyo_hntr

WKR
If you have to ask, you wouldn't understand. But we could start with the bronze finish, gold bands on the bolt handle, gold trigger, and gaudy logo on the tang...
I was worried that was what you meant. I hope the overly sophisticated HT crew doesn't read that. They might start looking down their nose at you....

bradmacmt

Lil-Rokslider
I was worried that was what you meant. I hope the overly sophisticated HT crew doesn't read that. They might start looking down their nose at you....
There's no accounting for taste, and as has been famously stated, "no one ever went broke underestimating the taste of the American public." It should be a real success...

Last edited:
I don't care for the synthetic stocked one. But I do like the junction and think the gold band on bolt handle and gold trigger work well together.

DavidReed

FNG
How many LX-1’s have shipped to customers?
There are around 15-20 LX-1's that have been delivered and have seen extensive field use. The first run was spoken for before the first chip hit the floor.

How does this action compare to the Echols LX-1?
With all due respect to MRC and their current effort, I really wish them success in getting a better evolution of the 1999 action to market, but hey're not comparable beyond both being rifle actions that are both somewhat model 70 like. D'Arcy is a 99th percentile gunmaker who designs and builds 99th percentile rifles. The LX-1 is his vision for a rifle action where design is driven by perfection of function, not cost.

Last edited:

DavidReed

FNG
OP - What is your appraisal of the component recoil lug arrangement that MRC is using on the 2022 action? How is the assembly holding up through the current round count?

SDHNTR

WKR
If never heard of D'Arcy Echols until 10 minutes ago.
Now I've got something else to covet.....

Also, I freaking LOVE this level of transparency & honesty, whilst promising nothing but his very best efforts:
View attachment 700518
Darcy makes no bones about it. He’s gonna charge you a mint, but you will own the finest rifle money can buy when the dust finally settles.

OP
Formidilosus

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
OP - What is your appraisal of the component recoil lug arrangement that MRC is using on the 2022 action? How is the assembly holding up through the current round count?

Haven’t seen any issues with it so far. My initial reaction wasn’t necessarily great, and UM’s gunsmiths certainly didn’t like it, but that’s everyone said about Tikka lugs and they have turned out to work very well.

So far this rifle is shooting well. Time will tell.

OP
Formidilosus

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
The MRC has been performing without issue since the rear screw being corrected. The feed and function has been flawless, the bolt has smoothed up considerably, and the trigger creep has nearly been removed.

Close to another 100 rounds on it.

IMG_8225.jpeg

Spoonbill

WKR
Not only are the tolerances super tight, but the receiver threads are threadmilled so they're timed. I can swap barrels between 6.5 Creedmoor and .308 rifles, and not only will it headspace correctly, but the barrel engraving will also clock to the same position within a degree or so once torqued.

Technically, all our barrels are pre-fit at +.000/+.003 from SAAMI low limit once torqued to spec.

p.s. sorry about those videos, I hate being on camera like a used car salesman...
Not to derail this thread too much but can you share an estimated time on when left hand rifles will be available?

Imac45acp

FNG
Not to derail this thread too much but can you share an estimated time on when left hand rifles will be available?
It's probably going to be early/mid next year before we get to making lefties. They're pretty high up on the priority list, but still a lot of other projects to finish before then.