Montana Tag Refunds

HuntnID

FNG
For those that have applied for Montana and didn't draw, have you got your refund yet? If you put in with a card, they just refund the card, right?

Praxeus

Lil-Rokslider
For those that have applied for Montana and didn't draw, have you got your refund yet? If you put in with a card, they just refund the card, right?

Yes, exactly. It should show up on your monthly account bill.

It was my first time applying to Montana this year and I expected them to send the refund directly to the card as other states do. However after not receiving it for a week and a half I finally called them and the lady told me they will arrive by mid may. When I asked why it takes that long she said it is because they sense paper check to everyone.

So you will not get it on your card but instead receive via a paper check by mid May... at least that is what I was told.

My Dad and I both received our refund checks in the mail today, confirms the report of it not going back against your card!

FNG
Every year I didn’t draw for my MT limited elk tag, I got a check refund in the mail. I still have yet to receive mine. I’m glad to hear some others have. Maybe mine will be arriving soon 🤞

Praxeus

Lil-Rokslider
My Dad and I both received our refund checks in the mail today, confirms the report of it not going back against your card!

I also stand corrected as a friend of mine received his check as well. Odd, as in years past they just refunded back to credit card.

Yeah when I called in and asked the lady acted like it was normal and was irritated with my question. But being my first time applying to Montana I didn't know and assumed that it would work the same as other states and would just come back to the card. By the time they pay postage and processing fees I would think it would be just as cost effective to return to your card?!? Oh well I would rather have not gotten anything back and instead gotten drawn! Hoping my luck changes for Wyoming.

Yeah when I called in and asked the lady acted like it was normal and was irritated with my question. But being my first time applying to Montana I didn't know and assumed that it would work the same as other states and would just come back to the card. By the time they pay postage and processing fees I would think it would be just as cost effective to return to your card?!? Oh well I would rather have not gotten anything back and instead gotten drawn! Hoping my luck changes for Wyoming.

They should change it, I’m sure it causes all kinds of headaches. In years past I misplaced my $4 check (and didn’t care) and they followed up with mail and phone calls to make sure I received it. So basically they had to mail out a check, track to see if it was cashed, send out followup mail, make follow up phone calls, etc when it could have been avoided by just refunding the CC I used.

bsnedeker

WKR
Yeah, just keep the 4 bucks and put it towards something useful! Im sure some guys would complain but it's kind of silly.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Sanchez

Lil-Rokslider
I got a check in the mail yesterday for $ 1,046 for my unsuccessful non resident big game combo. As I recall total cost on my Master Card was $ 1,163 when I applied for the tags.

Knowing state government, I'll bet it hurts sending money back like this.

FNG
I got my check yesterday, $1070....I wish the check was the tags I didn’t draw instead