Moose goat and sheep to once in a lifetime in Montana?

MTguy0341

Lil-Rokslider
Youth were included in those available to draw for the tags. I'm personally in favor of restricting it to once in a lifetime per tag. As much as I'd like to draw multiple tags in my lifetime I can understand the reasoning for not allowing this. If the bill passes there will definitely be alot of guys complaining about it. It'll put a cramp on the guys who hunt the unlimited units for sure.

BAKPAKR

WKR
I have always been fine with “once in a lifetime” in other states. The only thing that would irk me with Montana changing now is that that I have been spending $20 per year per species for bonus points to try to get a second MT moose or goat in my lifetime. Maybe they will transfer those points to my sheep account😀

lonedave

WKR
Washington has always been OIL for sheep and moose, but not goats. When the state made goats once in a lifetime in 1997, they didn't go back and disqualify those that had drawn in years past, they just started everyone fresh from there. We had started the points game the year before and that was the year I drew my third tag, so I'm one point back from max points now. Maybe they will do the same in Montana. I'm still hoping for one more goat tag before I can't make it into the high country!

JohnnyB

WKR
This seems reasonable to me, but as with any new law, it should be going foreword so as not to penalize those that have been building points for years.

Maybe they will allow a one time transfer of points to other species if the law is backward looking.

OP
Wapiti406

Wapiti406

WKR
It would be nice if they went to a once in a lifetime system for MSG. I think the lost revenue from bonus points purchased from previous tag holders alone will be a decision maker though.