Moose Hunting Horror Story

Shrek

WKR
What a nightmare ! I read the sheep hunters story awhile back so even before Shankster was named I suspected it was him. I’m sure he’s been a straight outlaw for as long as he’s been in business and I’m amazed it has taken so long for his conduct to catch up with him. I hope he spends his last years in prison.

I believe Shankster is selling this camp to go a guy named Aaron Derose??? The way I understand it Aaron doesn't have the credentials to be an outfitter yet so Shankster is still the outfitter, but Aaron is running the operation and has his own guys helping out. Last year was his first year if I remember correctly. I talked to them at the Sheep Show regarding this.

AKBorn

WKR
He got off WAY too easy - this story was posted in June 2018, excerpt and link below...

"Thomas G. Shankster of Aurora, Colo. was sentenced Monday to pay a $35,000 fine in Aniak District Court, troopers said in an online dispatch, after pleading guilty to two misdemeanor counts each of aiding in the commission of a guiding violation and failing to report a violation. He was also ordered to serve 30 days of a 600-day sentence, with the remaining time suspended. "

https://www.ktva.com/story/38375685/game-guide-gets-35k-fine-in-plea-over-illegal-hunts

Beendare

WKR
Well good to hear he got sentenced.....he was running that outfit fast and loose. Not good he is still outfitting...needless to say steer clear of that outfit.

I got special treatment due to it being a FNAWS auction hunt....but feel bad for everyone else.

Looks like the pics of the shredded tent he left us with are gone here on the new site.....

204guy

WKR
Can't remember if it was last summer or 2017 but a sheep hunt with Tom, AK Trophy Hunts was one of the prizes for the Grand Slam Ovis raffles. One of many reasons I'd never support them, lol, though that they'd still be giving away one his hunts after he was under investigation for all this, and there was no doubt of guilt.

As for Shankster getting his teeth knocked out don't know if that happened, but he may or may not have been choked nearly unconscious.;)