More choices

OP
TaterTot

TaterTot

Lil-Rokslider
“For crying out loud” not only do I like bright fletchings, but I want my arrows to be bright now.
Cool story lol. I don't remember asking what you liked but thanks for letting me know.

You old guys are hilarious. Hey can someone give me advice on what tab to buy.

You guys
Let me tell you about the time me and Jimmy went to fair.

OP
TaterTot

TaterTot

Lil-Rokslider
My eyes are getting older and shoot instinctive . I have always been told use something bright that your eyes/brain can subconsciously follow to the target makes repeatabilty easier . I believe it to be true imo. Respectfully, not trying to thread shit.
I won't argue that, personally I don't worry about repeatability. That's for target shooters and 3d guys. I worry about one arrow. I never shoot from the same spot twice, I never shoot from a known distance, and I only worry about one arrow. If the deer wanted to stand in the same spot and let me take 4 or 5 cracks at it I'd really appreciate it but so far, none of them have.

Little walk back shooting I just finished. 20230708_090415.jpg

I won't argue that, personally I don't worry about repeatability. That's for target shooters and 3d guys. I worry about one arrow. I never shoot from the same spot twice, I never shoot from a known distance, and I only worry about one arrow. If the deer wanted to stand in the same spot and let me take 4 or 5 cracks at it I'd really appreciate it but so far, none of them have.

Little walk back shooting I just finished. View attachment 576219
The repeatability im talking about is "brain repeatability ". There are different ways to shoot traditional archery . I shoot "instinctive" . Being able to clearly see my arrow wiil train my brain where to put my bow/arrow where it needs to be without me thinking about it . In fact the more i think about it the worse i shoot. I am not a target shooter or 3d guy , but disagree on the need for repeatability . I usually shoot at multiple unknown distances and stump shoot as well . I might not know that it is 17 yards , but my brain does because it has previously shot at that distance .So it REPEATS the process if i dont get in the way . You talk about never shooting from the same spot twice . How do you or your brain know where to put it then ? (Its because you have shot from the same distance and your brain recognizes it and repeats it) . By the way sonny nice shooting above . -old guy

OP
TaterTot

TaterTot

Lil-Rokslider
The repeatability im talking about is "brain repeatability ". There are different ways to shoot traditional archery . I shoot "instinctive" . Being able to clearly see my arrow wiil train my brain where to put my bow/arrow where it needs to be without me thinking about it . In fact the more i think about it the worse i shoot. I am not a target shooter or 3d guy , but disagree on the need for repeatability . I usually shoot at multiple unknown distances and stump shoot as well . I might not know that it is 17 yards , but my brain does because it has previously shot at that distance .So it REPEATS the process if i dont get in the way . You talk about never shooting from the same spot twice . How do you or your brain know where to put it then ? (Its because you have shot from the same distance and your brain recognizes it and repeats it) . By the way sonny nice shooting above . -old guy
Aww, cool, I never thought about it that way. I guess I got the same type of thing going on. And thanks, I got respect for anyone who can manage to shoot one of these things consistently well no matter what method they use.

Sapcut

WKR
Green and browns looks good. I say just make sure you can at least see the nock flying if you don’t use bright colored feathers.

To me, being able to clearly and consistently see the arrow fly thru the targeted space, is crucial to instinctively shooting a trad bow.

I recently went to a lighted nock instead of relying on just a white nock for visibility. The turkey, owl, goose, crow and other feathers I use are not very visible just before taking a life. 😎🙏🏼

Attachments

• 5E47DCDD-34EE-4311-9FE4-DD129EA5E974.png
    5E47DCDD-34EE-4311-9FE4-DD129EA5E974.png
    551.5 KB · Views: 2

Sapcut

WKR
Agree

I prefer the animal at hand determine my release versus a static mind and 3D target.

GLB

WKR
Cool story lol. I don't remember asking what you liked but thanks for letting me know.

You old guys are hilarious. Hey can someone give me advice on what tab to buy.

You guys
Let me tell you about the time me and Jimmy went to fair.
Yep I have been known to wonder off. However I do recommend the Jenkins Tab sold by Safari Tuff👍😎

Beendare

WKR
Green and browns looks good. I say just make sure you can at least see the nock flying if you don’t use bright colored feathers.

To me, being able to clearly and consistently see the arrow fly thru the targeted space, is crucial to instinctively shooting a trad bow.

I recently went to a lighted nock instead of relying on just a white nock for visibility. The turkey, owl, goose, crow and other feathers I use are not very visible just before taking a life. 😎🙏🏼
I had a bad experience with those lighted noks many years ago[ about 15]- they might be stronger now.

I made a stalk on some hogs feeding in 4 foot tall dried weed stalks, I had to get close, at 15yards I shot, the Nocturnal broke, sounded like my bow blew up and my arrow only went 10yards....blew my layup shot. I think they beefed up the body on those since.

Sapcut

WKR
I had a bad experience with those lighted noks many years ago[ about 15]- they might be stronger now.

I made a stalk on some hogs feeding in 4 foot tall dried weed stalks, I had to get close, at 15yards I shot, the Nocturnal broke, sounded like my bow blew up and my arrow only went 10yards....blew my layup shot. I think they beefed up the body on those since.
I use cheap lighted nicks from Amazon. Have worked real well so far and plenty bright. And just ordered a few more.

6PCS-New S Lighted Nock for Arrows with .244/6.2mm Inside Diameter Led Nocks with Switch Button for Archery Hunting https://a.co/d/czZBfP1