Mountain Bipod (Atlas vs Modular Evolution vs ?)

treillw

WKR
I'd like to get my dad a bipod for Christmas. I have a Modular Evolution (ME) and an Atlas of my own that I bought years ago. They work well overall. I prefer the robustness of the Atlas for shooting prone and the optional extension legs on the ME for hunting. I would buy another ME, but I wish the joints were a little stiffer - they flex quite a bit and all that movement probably isn't ideal for consistency.

Are there any other good options out there nowadays that are similar to the modular evolution, but might improve on the quality a little? The bipod needs to have long extension legs for shooting while seated. Dad is 76 and with many surgeries can't do the yoga required to shoot prone super low to the ground.

Maybe there is another option (not bipod) out there that would be better for him, since he would carry the extension bipod legs on his back anyway (not going to walk around with ~30" legs on the gun). Ideas? Super light tripod and an arca mount? I know nothing about tripods and how light they can be.

He puts on a lot of miles for his age and weight is a concern as well - the lighter the better.

Thanks!

rcook10

WKR
I’ve been really happy with my Spartan setup but they are kind of spendy. I run the long tac for prone and have an arca adaptor for seated and standing with my tripods. I really love not having shit hang off my rifle and being able to quickly get my rifle setup without clamps/adjustment. The go to is the new slik two section 600 series and a cheap smallrig selection fluid head. Weighs about two pounds and is rock solid for field shooting inside 4-500 yards.
My mom who is 70 and has a neck fusion just used the setup to kill her first elk in a seated position.

The also just came out with a shooting stick system that looks really slick but also $…

SloppyJ

WKR
Which atlas do you own? I'm between a CAL, PSR, or the evolution bipod for my 300prc build. It's the final piece I have yet to order. I've only ran Harris in the past. I like the TBAC but not the price tag.

WRO

WKR
I’ve ran the modular evolution for years and wouldn’t go another direction, the ease of switching legs is undeniable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk