Mountain Hardwear Thermostatic Hooded Jacket

Johnboy

WKR
Have any of you guys tried this one out? I'm wondering how it compares to the First Lite Uncompahgre Puffy in terms of fit, warmth, weight and function. MH used to offer the Compressor, which came highly recommended, and it seems that the Thermostatic is probably the new version of the Compressor. I can get the Thermostatic at a killer price. My primary use of it would be as insulation on a float hunt in the Brooks Range of AK.

Thoughts?

http://www.mountainhardwear.com/mens-thermostatic-hooded-jacket-1616591.html

outdoors

FNG
For what it is worth...

I have the Mt Hardware Ratio Down Jacket. It's been my insulation piece for 2 season of Whitetail and Coyote hunting in Eastern NY. Very warm as an insulation piece and very packable. Packs into its own pocket. I don't hike or walk with it on, it goes on after I find a place to sit for a while or if I'm in my climber. Its too warm to walk in and although its made well I don't think it would hold up very well over time to beech brush, briars, etc... I don't baby it but I do try to be careful. When it rains or snows I put my rain jacket on over top of it. As for the no hood on my jacket...I'm not a big hood guy, I like my hat and neck gator. If it's cold my hat and neck gator is fine and if it rains or snows my rain jacket has a hood. I also really like the green color it's in. It lists for $190 on their website and I paid $135 from a local guy I buy a ton of work cloths from. I was looking at the FL Uncompahgre also and I'm sure it is a great piece to own based on all the reviews out there. But I decided to try the Ratio and think I made a great choice. I figured if I didn't like it or whatever I'd give it away or wear it back and forth to work...needless to say I love the jacket and it's always in my pack!!

Hope that helps and Good luck!