Mountain House 25-serving Creamed Beef 50% off

Fallbeard

FNG
Bought 5 and going to split with chamber vacuum. Thanks for posting and providing the code.

Skook

FNG
I'm no dietician, so I am probably incorrect on the beef content. The package says a 24g (dry) serving size contains 7 grams of protein. 7/24 = 29%. The package weighs 600g, so if 29% of the package is protein, that would be about 175g of protein. 175g is about 6.2 ounces of protein per package. The buttermilk powder and enriched wheat might contain some protein in addition to the beef.

So, wouldn't the 21.2 oz package probably contain about five or six ounces of beef?

Regardless, it appears that I ordered that last three packages.

You probably know this but these packages have a much shorter shelf life than regular mountain house meals. Military packs only require a 3 year shelf life. Probably does not matter to most of us but it's not an item to buy and put in the basement for a long term rainy day plan.

PistolPete

Lil-Rokslider
You probably know this but these packages have a much shorter shelf life than regular mountain house meals. Military packs only require a 3 year shelf life. Probably does not matter to most of us but it's not an item to buy and put in the basement for a long term rainy day plan.
I've wondered about this. What happens to it? Does it actually go bad somehow, or just lose some of the flavor?

I've wondered about this. What happens to it? Does it actually go bad somehow, or just lose some of the flavor?
Sorry I have no idea. I just saw the sale and read the questions and answers. My guess is it loses flavor and becomes rancid.

PistolPete

Lil-Rokslider
I'm no dietician, so I am probably incorrect on the beef content. The package says a 24g (dry) serving size contains 7 grams of protein. 7/24 = 29%. The package weighs 600g, so if 29% of the package is protein, that would be about 175g of protein. 175g is about 6.2 ounces of protein per package. The buttermilk powder and enriched wheat might contain some protein in addition to the beef.

So, wouldn't the 21.2 oz package probably contain about five or six ounces of beef?

Regardless, it appears that I ordered that last three packages.
You're missing that 28g of beef is not 28g of protein - that 28g raw beef includes a lot of water, some fat, and other noncaloric mass. An oz of beef is around 6-8 g of actual protein.

84toyota

Lil-Rokslider
Am I the only one that is taking a big dump after hearing about this deal? My body is already in evacuation mode and I haven’t even purchased it!

ez_willie

Lil-Rokslider
Lol I feel like MH is stringing us along now. All of a sudden another 1100 in stock. Imma keep ordering 1 at a time.

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
I bought and it's supposed to be delivered (FedEx, no less) tomorrow. Heck for 25 servings of SOS at $9 shipped, I am all in. :ROFLMAO:

I know most won't eat it at one sitting, but I am really wondering how those that purchased this deal are going to handle the 25 servings?

Eddie

OP
M
I just received my FedEx delivery LOL
The packages are bigger and heavier than what I thought. I ordered 16 packages. 12 packages come in a “case”.

NRA4LIFE

WKR
The Fedex Santa Claus just dropped mine off, 4 of them. I too am going to portion them out with the chamber sealer.

I have a few on the way as well. I am going back and forth over leaving them in original packaging until I use the first batch or splitting them up now.

NRA4LIFE

WKR
I tried a small portion yesterday. It was good, but I thought it could have used a bit of seasoning. It wasn't really how I thought it was going to be either. The meat is more like crumbled hamburger.