Mountain Ops Update?

EricBender208

Lil-Rokslider
I was recently listening to an old Kifaru podcast, and the supplement company Mountain Ops was mentioned. I tried doing a little research and mainly find old reviews/feedback from pre-2020. Most of those reviews seem to be based largely on the image of the company and it’s marketing, and not the actual products. I was wondering if anyone has any more recent updates or reviews? My main concern is with the quality of the product, and not the advertising or marketing.

My interest was piqued when Aron said it tastes really good. I remember trying protein shakes 20 years ago and they were pretty hard to swallow. I recently got into working out again and would like to find something to add to my routine. I understand supplements will never replace quality lifestyle decisions and quality food, but at 35 years old I’ve come to terms with the fact that I don’t like a lot of healthy foods. I’m pretty good at limiting food intake, and eliminating bad foods like carbs and sugar, but I can’t make myself eat healthy alternatives if I don’t like the way they taste. After reviewing Mountain Ops products, I thought their Ammo might be a good meal replacement to try. If the label and ingredients are true, it would probably be a step up from my normal diet. I’m also interested in their Magnum protein powder. I like that I can pronounce everything on the ingredient label. A lot of the old reviews I read were leading guys to Optimum Nutrition supplements, but there’s quite a few ingredients on theirs that I can’t pronounce. I also read and like the idea of using one of their pre work outs (Yeti or Ignite) as just a water flavor to help with water intake. I don’t drink a lot of liquids in general, and it’s hard for me to force myself to drink enough if I’m not dying of thirst. A lot of the old reviews I read were guys just talking about how good it tastes. I’ve tried the stuff at grocery stores for flavoring water and most are terrible. At least the Mountain Ops says it has zero sugar…

I tried doing a search on google scholar but didn’t get very far with it. I’d like to know if there has been any 3rd party testing on their products. I know there are no regulations on the supplement industry, so it would be interesting to see the results if they exist.

My end goal is to find a palatable supplement without a bunch of fillers. I’m open to suggestions for other brands too. This is my first time down this rabbit hole in quite a few years and it’s already pretty overwhelming.

Thanks in advance.
I’ve used so many different products in the “fitness” industry. I wouldn’t recommend them as a preworkout if you’re looking for something to get that really burst of energy and a muscle pump. I truly think there are better supplements on the market, but they’re spendy. I tend to use supplements that aren’t driven towards the outdoor industry (Besides Warrior Fuel). Thats just my opinion! I tend to enjoy the effects of Beta Alanine (face/body itches).

zippe444

FNG
Ive been using there ignite for the last couple years seems to give me an energy boost in the mornings and cheaper than buying energy drinks everyday

I use their creatine and it seems to work like all the others on the market. I like their ignite too.

I quit using them for a few years when the marketing hype got to be too much. I’ve recently started buying again, mostly during sales. I like the hydrate electrolyte mix and the protein bar meal replacements. I use both for quick grab and goes or for weekend trips not every day use. Their price & quality is about on par with similar products and I tell myself I’m keeping money (hopefully) supporting companies that support things I do.

jmillr1

WKR
I'm a big fan of Enduro and Ignite... tho Enduro has been my pick the past couple purchases. I also use their Daily Multi Vitamins Single Use packets that you can just eat out of the packet. I'm a big fan of them and they taste great too.

As for taste with Mtn Ops Protein... I thought they were good in general until I had Jocko Molk. Hands down best tasting protein I've had in 20 years. Mint Chocolatea and Chocolate Peanut Butter are amazing.

Swamppirate

Lil-Rokslider
I use Ghost pump non stim for pre workout, Liquid IV for hydration mix and ON protein powder after lifting. All products seem to work and no complaints.

I'm a big fan of Enduro and Ignite... tho Enduro has been my pick the past couple purchases. I also use their Daily Multi Vitamins Single Use packets that you can just eat out of the packet. I'm a big fan of them and they taste great too.

I've become a big fan of mixing about half a scoop of Enduro with a full scoop of Ignite, or an Emergenc-C with the Ignite.