Mounting a rifle on a mystery ranch pintler

I got a Mystery ranch pintler at the beginning of the year for this fall hunting season and just realized while getting my pack setup finally that side of the pack that can be used to strap a rifle to the pack is very much not going to work for me. Doesn't hold onto the gun almost at all. I am wondering how everyone is strapping there rifles down to there packs? Pictures of your setup would he appreciated. Thank you.

Joe Schroeder

ALPS OutdoorZ
Rokslide Sponsor
Not a MR, but this should still work using the lashing system on the frame. I go between the pack and the frame, built in gun boot on this one can go on any side of the pack, but I like it how the picture shows.

You might look at picking up a detachable rifle boot, it should be able to mount to that pintler about anywhere you would need. Badlands has one, EXO as well, KUIU has a bow holder but it will work for a rifle, theres a number of them out there that will work.

Attachments

• image00010.jpg
    image00010.jpg
    697.9 KB · Views: 41

Geewhiz

WKR
If I am hiking in the dark or somewhere where theres 0 chance of a shot I throw my rifle on the meat shelf on my MR. If im actually hunting its slung over my shoulder