Mounting arca to a factory Tikka

Thinking about buying my kid a youth Tikka.
I'd like to install a piece of arca on it so she can have the ease of shooting off a tripod.
I checked YouTube but can see if this is possible or how to do it. Can I just use self tapping screws into the plastic or will a smith need to tap and drill holes?

Basically I "want" a Sig Cross, but only "need" a basic kids gun that can shoot off a tripod.

Thanks!

seand

Lil-Rokslider
If it’s a plastic T3x stock it has a threaded holes, one at the swivel stud (remove stud and replace with machine screw) and farther toward the action. You can also drill and epoxy t-nuts if you want more fasteners, that’s what I did when I had a short arca rail. I prefer the full length that’s in the photo (SRS), it’s a simple bolt on. IMG_1964.jpeg

Sadler

WKR
I’ve used this in the past and it bolts right on

OP
TradLife406
Thanks guys! Also thinking a Ruger American compact then put the money into the glass. $1500 scope on a $500 rifle ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

atmat

WKR
Thanks guys! Also thinking a Ruger American compact then put the money into the glass. $1500 scope on a $500 rifle ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think you’ll be happier with the Tikka and you can get them pretty cheap — particularly if you’re willing to buy used.

ztc92

Lil-Rokslider
Your question about adding an arca rail to a Tikka stock reminded me of this great thread. Haven’t done it myself but seems easy enough.

I put a small Arca section on a Tikka for the same purpose. Used one e dusting hole and drilled one. It’s solid but isn’t as nice to hold on to shooting off hand because inevitably my hand goes where that section of rail is

I used brass threaded inserts. I drilled a hole a little under sized and then melted them in with a soldering iron. I installed them from the inside so the flange keeps it from pulling through. Can't find the exact ones I used, but it was something like these.

Macintosh

WKR
Ditto above—tikkas already have one threaded hole mid-forend. If you get a long sling stud you can pin a full-length rail using those two. Otherwise pretty simple to drill a second hole and back it with a t-nut. Set the tnut in epoxy and coat the screw with johnsons paste wax or hornady one-shot so it releases from the cured epoxy, and you can remove and replace the rail at will. I put a mini arca rail just in front of the magwell on one of my tikkas doing this, works great.

Salmon River Solutions hunters arca is fantastic on a Tikka. Screws right on the factory swivel and mid screw on t3x stock, or I just drill through and use a nut and washer on the older style stock. Can't recommend them enough. Love their muzzle brakes also.

BLJ

WKR
Salmon River Solutions hunters arca is fantastic on a Tikka. Screws right on the factory swivel and mid screw on t3x stock, or I just drill through and use a nut and washer on the older style stock. Can't recommend them enough. Love their muzzle brakes also.
Did you get the short or long on the T3x? Any pictures? Thanks.

BLJ

WKR
That’s a perfect fit to the forearm. Looks good.
Did you just use different/longer bolts in the factory threaded inserts in the stock?

Yep, just got some from the hardware store the correct length. I absolutely love it, definitely worth it.

JHL

FNG
Adding a piece of Arca to my Tikka is on my list too. Planning on hunting Pronghorns and it would be nice to shoot with a tripod.

Pn8hall

WKR
I posted this thread awhile back. Its a very simple mod to do.