Mt antelope drawing results 2023

Why they can draw archery antelope tags in Montana in the month of June but can't draw rifle tags until August because they haven't done the counts yet is beyond me. Doesn't make any sense

Why they can draw archery antelope tags in Montana in the month of June but can't draw rifle tags until August because they haven't done the counts yet is beyond me. Doesn't make any sense
I’d imagine because archery success is around 10-20% while rifle is 60-70%. I agree though, wish they were earlier.

jimmy33

WKR
I hope so…just like every year, im tired of waiting. This is my 7th year putting in and I hope I finally draw. It would be my first Pronghorn hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Too busy counting deer, elk, moose, sheep, and goats before. Plus some ground truthing. One elk unit can take three or more days to count by plane. Antelope are counted once every two to three years on a rotation since the area is so vast. Pilots who fly with/for FWP are in quite high demand and regions have designated times to sign up to fly too.

I agree with you, but once you go on a couple ground counts or a plane count it makes sense. Archery is based off previous years so can come out earlier as success rate is low(besides guided waterhole sits).

FlareBlitz91

Lil-Rokslider
Someone comment when the lookup shows their results. I anticipate results will start posting today.

Someone comment when the lookup shows their results. I anticipate results will start posting today.

Somebody on hunting Washington forum shared an email that says they plan to do the antelope draw by the end of this week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deucebump

WKR
Several people have commented saying the 8th. Is this a guess or were they told this by calling F&G? (I assumed they would show today but tomorrow is no big deal)

It is a real pain to try to iron out other hunt details with the antelope draw hanging in the background. Sure MT can do better…..

FlareBlitz91

Lil-Rokslider
Several people have commented saying the 8th. Is this a guess or were they told this by calling F&G? (I assumed they would show today but tomorrow is no big deal)

It is a real pain to try to iron out other hunt details with the antelope draw hanging in the background. Sure MT can do better…..
I thought i had read august 8th on a FWP Facebook post but now i can’t find it, so i could have been wrong.

Elk posted two days early so that’s why i thought we’d see it today.

OpenCountry

Lil-Rokslider

Yea, you’re totally right. Let’s just hand out the same amount of tags or more as last year without having them conduct flights to get actual counts completed. What could go wrong with managing based off hunter opportunity vs resource capabilities 🤷🏼‍♂️

Yea, you’re totally right. Let’s just hand out the same amount of tags or more as last year without having them conduct flights to get actual counts completed. What could go wrong with managing based off hunter opportunity vs resource capabilities 🤷🏼‍♂️
😂 you’re assuming that the FWP is actually conducting accurate, thorough counts. They’re track record lately is showing they would rather manage money not wildlife.

OpenCountry

Lil-Rokslider
😂 you’re assuming that the FWP is actually conducting accurate, thorough counts. Their track record lately is showing they would rather manage money not wildlife.
A guy can hope right 😂 although they did finally make small changes to mule deer tags this year. Nothing that’ll fix the issues but it’s something. All hunters want their tags but we still need to remember the resource can only handle so much. If that means waiting a few extra weeks so be it.