MT Spring Bear post hunt fishing

Jkean949

FNG
Hey everybody, wife gave me a week long hall pass for a Spring Bear hunt in Montana. How is Yaak River road (NF-92) access through Unit 100 late April/ early May? At the elevations I am looking it doesn't seem bad for a 4wd to get around...do I need to bring a SXS? I know it's MT and it can be a roll of the dice of course...

Also, I want to try putting some fish in the cooler after the hunt. Anyone have experience fishing the Kootenai River (Lake Koocanusa) in late April/early May? Specifically shore fishing for kookanee...the lake is deep enough that this "seems reasonable".

BearGuy

FNG
Hey everybody, wife gave me a week long hall pass for a Spring Bear hunt in Montana. How is Yaak River road (NF-92) access through Unit 100 late April/ early May? At the elevations I am looking it doesn't seem bad for a 4wd to get around...do I need to bring a SXS? I know it's MT and it can be a roll of the dice of course...

Also, I want to try putting some fish in the cooler after the hunt. Anyone have experience fishing the Kootenai River (Lake Koocanusa) in late April/early May? Specifically shore fishing for kookanee...the lake is deep enough that this "seems reasonable".
just sent you a pm