Idaho Spring Bear

pugwylde

FNG
According to Schweitzer's site, they got 3.5 ft this week. I think coverage isn't what any wants, but it's definitely a different story than it was a week ago. I live in southwest Idaho, so I can't speak for what is happening up north, but even when we get good winter weather, it is getting warm fast, so none of it hangs on for too long. The real test will be if temperatures allow all that snowfall to stick around for a while, it if it all just melts off in a hurry again.

IDVortex

WKR
Snow levels won't truly be known until after March. I'm not even planning on a bear hunt until the end of April, and that'll be more of a scouting trip/checking snow levels.

Most of SW Idaho is in the 70-95 percent range, but we have made up some ground in the last few days. The north and east slopes are still going to be holding snow well into May.

N.ID7803

WKR
I know most of you are spot and stalking bears. But if any of you are baiting I have some bait for sale Coeur d Alene area. Send me a PM

Attachments

• NIBB.jpg
    NIBB.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 32

drpnw

FNG
it was looking like things were trending towards earlier until this last weather front moved through. i like to also check usgs river gauge levels but it doesnt give you more than a week or so of lead time

We've already planned heading in from the midwest mid-april. The last two years hunting the northern units, we've either been too early or too late. Hard when coming from out of state. Hoping we nail it this year. The big 40 page idaho spring bear thread has a ton of good info on it w/ resources to check/gauge snow depth. Ill post back after our trip out this year. Standby.

Brianc74

WKR
Tons of snow here last 7 days in the Boise area. Thinking this really increased the snow level for the year. I have been hearing 2 plus feet fell at Morres Creek Summit.

Last edited: