MTNTough Fitness

btemple

FNG
What's up guys. Any of you tried MTNTough fitness program? Looking to switch things up a little in the gym and seeing what's out there.

Gerald.g6

FNG
I’ve been doing MTNTOUGH for about a 1 yr. It’s a great program. I’m about to complete 45-70 and it’s been a hard hard hard program

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I am working through the pre-season program right now. It's been tough, but I really like it. I will be in significantly better shape compared to last year.

DeePow

FNG
I’m an enormous fan of the kettle bell program. I integrate some yoga (Alo Moves) through the ten day increments and feel infinitely strong than when I started it eight months ago.

Leverwalker

Lil-Rokslider
Yep. In my case I've been on a long rehab and was able to start working out over the last year or so only, though I've a long history as an athlete (distance swimmer through early adulthood, up to 20 K meters daily in training, intensive martial training, live-in as a direct student to a Japanese master, during my 30's). I've recently joined MtnTough and love it. 62 with challenges, still diving in - staying with the Gym Foundation, week 1, until I can move on. I can honestly say I'm in better shape now than I've been in 20 years, and a good part of that is this excellent program.

The long arc of my recovery has been yoga, and I'm naturally (hyper)-flexible anyway. The program stresses the importance of adhering to warmups and cool-downs, and the cool-downs integrate well with my yoga routine. Important for old guys, esp. with issues, and it's taught me to be smart and listen to my body much better ("all-out" constantly, not smart anymore). Its total devotion to functional training (strength, conditioning, hip and butt esp., for mountain hunting, flexibility - top shelf imo.

I actually wrote to them with some questions specific to my condition(s). Sarah, one of the instructors you'll see, wrote back and was really helpful.

I’m working through the preseason prep program right now almost finished. I’m a big fan I’m excited to see how much better shape I’m in compared to last year going into a hunt. I do feel maybe my long distance cardio isn’t quite what it was this time last year but I am way stronger and my muscle endurance is at a place it hasn’t been since playing sports.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bearsears

WKR
I’m working through the preseason prep program right now almost finished. I’m a big fan I’m excited to see how much better shape I’m in compared to last year going into a hunt. I do feel maybe my long distance cardio isn’t quite what it was this time last year but I am way stronger and my muscle endurance is at a place it hasn’t been since playing sports.

How would you describe the progression through preseason prep? Does it back off or switch things up towards the end so you aren't over-trained going into season?

How would you describe the progression through preseason prep? Does it back off or switch things up towards the end so you aren't over-trained going into season?

They do a pretty good job switching it up. Each work out seems to run every other week for a 4 week window then they move on to something else. I haven’t noticed them backing off any but I just timed it to end the program a week before I leave for my first hunt and honestly I don’t feel bad with out a break in between

Bearsears

WKR
They do a pretty good job switching it up. Each work out seems to run every other week for a 4 week window then they move on to something else. I haven’t noticed them backing off any but I just timed it to end the program a week before I leave for my first hunt and honestly I don’t feel bad with out a break in between

Awesome thanks. I actually just signed up so I was curious. My plan is to start the gym foundations when I get back from hunting and then follow the progession from there. Post season>Spring Training>Pre- Season prep. I feel like this will address alot of holes in my training like mobility work, asymmetrical work, and overtraining.

I did the post-season, Spring Training and then started pre-season. My travel time for work went crazy for the last couple months so I did a modified Spring Training/Pre-season. I pulled some of the workouts I could do in hotel gyms and made it work. I love the program. I got it when it was a lifetime purchase so I don't get any of the new stuff they provide. I don't mind though. I feel like I am way better off this year even though I haven't been as consistent working out.

Bearsears

WKR
I did the post-season, Spring Training and then started pre-season. My travel time for work went crazy for the last couple months so I did a modified Spring Training/Pre-season. I pulled some of the workouts I could do in hotel gyms and made it work. I love the program. I got it when it was a lifetime purchase so I don't get any of the new stuff they provide. I don't mind though. I feel like I am way better off this year even though I haven't been as consistent working out.
Great job! WHat are the specific benefits you see going into this season? Id be curious to hear how you feel about your performance post hunt also.

I started the end of post season and was pretty happy with what I saw from that program it was a lot better than the usual compound lift sessions I’ve always done spring training was tough but learned to like it overall I’m very happy the real test will be in a few week in the mountains

I signed up a couple months ago, and did the MGD workouts and really enjoyed them. I started the kettlebell workout today, and it kicked my ass, but I like it!!

kparrott

Lil-Rokslider
I started MTNTough about a year ago. Got hit with COVID pretty bad this spring. I workout in my basement, I’ve got a set of Bowflex dumbbells, some kettlebells, a bench and a treadmill.

In June I did the Minimal Gear Foundations program. Moved to KB20 in July. In August I did HP20. And I’m planning MGD this month before starting SB20.

MGD’s are pretty good and relatively short if you’re short on time. The KB20 program is tough but a good workout. HP20 was much harder in my opinion.