Muela Knives

jtrav543

FNG
Anybody ever heard of Muela Knives? Saw some in a store today and really liked the Colibri model

They are made in Spain if memory serves. Cool designs with decent construction, but generally sub-par steel for the price. I had one and liked it, but the sub-par steel ultimately made me move on.

To be clear, the steel isn't "bad" it's just not in line with the price of the knives IMO.

Edit to add: I'm also a knife nut so my bar is higher then most :)

I love Muela knives, and have more than one.

The Muela Magnum knife was basically a co-star alongside Pierce Brosnan and Liam Neeson in the 2006 movie "Seraphim Falls".

In all honesty though, the ones I have are basically collector/display pieces with stag or exotic wood handles, and I haven't used them much to actually cut anything with.

I just use a lightweight and relatively cheap plastic handled folding Spyderco knife to actually cut things with when hunting/fishing/hiking.

Sportsman's Warehouse carries a wide variety of Muela Knives and sometimes has a good deal: https://www.sportsmans.com/search/?text=muela

grfox92

WKR
Half Spaniard here. My mother and all her brothers were born in Spain. My uncles swear by them. I've never owned one personally.

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk