Mule deer otc or landowner tag outfitters

pass shot

FNG
I've gone down the rabbit hole online looking and searched the threads in here. We are having a hard time dialing in somewhere. We have no points and are hoping to go next year. Thinking New Mexico or West Texas might be best bets from what I can tell with Utah being good draw odds. We have done Idaho and just want to try somewhere else. Any recommendations? Specific outfitters you have enjoyed? Its more about the experience for us although a big muley is def on the bucket list. I've also looked at a few booking agencies and just seems like a travels agent mark up kinda thing. Any experience with that?
Thanks

Northpark

WKR
NM or Texas or Colorado are probably your best bets for landowner tags. Other than booking with a reputable outfitter in NM or CO I don’t know where you’d find landowner tags. In TX you will be hunting with an outfitter cause there is no public land. In Texas look at West Texas Hunt Organization. Mike McKinney offers a fair number of Muley hunts. Or you could really get crazy and head for Sonora Mexico.

Northpark

WKR
Would like to stay around 6k a man excluding travel
That’s probably pretty tough unless you can find a landowner wiling to sell a tag directly to you. Most landowners don’t like to do that cause it’s a headache dealing with multiple people. Easier to just sell directly to one outfitter and let the outfitter deal with hunters. Might be able to find an outfitter in CO that fits your budget in an easy to draw 0 point area.

Most of the landowner tags I'm familiar with in Utah start at $9k. I've seen some private ranch hunts for deer in Montana go in your price range. You will have to buy 2 preference point through the outiffer, then you should be guaranteed a a tag in the draw. A quick Google search should get you headed in the right direction.

OP
P

pass shot

FNG
Thanks for the good information and let me correct myself. By landowner tag I meant an outfitter with landowner tags. It seems I have seen a few in our price range unless there is a hidden fee I am missing which is something I definitely want to avoid.